Three years and a little more time has passed since the X-box One made its entry into the market. Since then, there has been an amazing collection of games from every possible genre that has thrilled avid gamers.
These games take the thrill of adventure to a whole new level, so get ready to invite your buddies and have a blast! You can either challenge them while chasing a goal, or have them on your side to take out the opponents. The advanced algorithms of the games can find the best players to suit your style and level of expertise.
Also, the associated cloud-based power technology reduces the chances of cheating and can enhance your performance.
Here are some of the games which have hogged the spotlight for good reasons!
In this article, we take a look at the top Xbox One multiplayer games and help you decide which one to put your money on.
|Borderlands the Handsome Collection Gentleman Claptrap Edition - Xbox One||2K Games||2015-11-11|
|Rayman Legends Xbox One Standard Edition||Ubisoft||2014-02-18|
|Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition (Xbox One)||N/A||N/A|
|Minecraft: Favorites Pack - Xbox One||Microsoft||2016-06-21|
Here is some wonderful news for Halo fans. The Master Chief Collection compiles the re-mastered versions of the previous Halo games like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4. The game also lets you access the live action series, Halo: Nightfall and Halo 5: Guardians. Every game features the original story and gameplay except Halo 2.
Relive the entire larger-than-life journey of the iconic hero along with upgraded audio visual features and mind-blowing graphics. Forty-five campaign missions are waiting for you and more than 100 multiplayer maps, including both original Halo Combat Evolved maps and Spartan Ops maps.
- In Halo 2, the classic mode allows you to easily switch between the revamped game and the original one from 2004.
- Halo 5 comes with extended cut scenes, hidden terminal videos, 25 original multiplayer maps and 6 new ones.
- In the Nightfall live action series, UNSC operatives are exposed to a greater danger. The game is exciting for both seasoned and fresh players.
- You get to accomplish numerous new achievements and test your talents against others in the Halo community.
#10. Rocket League
Rocket League is all set to reach you in February 2016. This simple and easy to grasp car-based soccer game is extremely addictive. All you have to do is use revolutionary cars to hit a ball into a goal.
You can jump up in the air, use a limited amount of boost to increase your speed and a handbrake will let you take tighter turns. But don’t take the simplicity of the game for granted. Things can get complicated!
- You need to figure out how to angle your car to aim and hit the ball, and at the same time control your momentum so that you can assist your team.
- It is also necessary to comprehend how to knock the ball away from your own goal.
- Practice and learn how to plan and manage angles, throttle, reversals and every other action possible.
- In some rounds you will get to play with a bunch of offense and defense players, working together with precision. And in others, things may turn to complete chaos with cars and balls flying in every direction.
- How you play the game often depends on your view of the field. So Rocket League provides options for camera placement, movement and a toggle that concentrates on your car or the ball.
- You can play one-on-one matches as well as team games with up to 4 players on each side. The game gets more complex as you keep adding players and will need more thought and effort.
Among the best multiplayer Xbox One games out there, this one is definitely worthy of mention. It comprises of both the definitive versions of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2. Excellent performance and high fidelity graphics will leave you wowed. Built especially for next-gen video game consoles, this is the best Borderlands experience to be explored till date.
- The high definition 4 player split screen on a single television, lets you and your friends blast your ways through the campaigns together.
- Get ready to enjoy the complete saga of Handsome Jack including bonus add-on content.
- If you had previous saves on your Xbox 360, you can transfer them to your Xbox One with the new cross-save function and continue with your adventure easily.
- You can make the most of cooperative gameplay which allows a maximum of 4 players, either online or locally.
- The game also comes with a Gun Duel feature which can help you settle the score in case, your pal comes across a unique weapon perfectly suited for you but refuses to part with it.
#8. Rayman Legends
The story of the game begins with troubles multiplying and spreading in The Glade of Dreams during a 100-year nap. There are terrifying new monsters like dragons, giant toads, frightening sea creatures and the devilish luchadores. So Rayman and Globox awake with Murfy’s help, and now have to battle these evils and rescue the Teensies.
Rayman and Globox along with the Teensies, then go into an enchanted forest, where they come upon a tent full of mesmerizing paintings. Each of those paintings appears to narrate a story of a mythical world. While concentrating on a painting of a medieval land, they get sucked into it, and hence a series of adventures begins for that particular world. Rayman, Globox and the Teensies have to fight their way through every world and uncover the secrets of every painting.
- A maximum of 4 players can play this game simultaneously. If anyone wants to opt out or join in, the game will continue in an uninterrupted manner.
- You can connect with your buddies through numerous challenges which put your speed and skill to test. The leaderboards will show your rank globally.
- Are you ready to become a platforming hero? Then your timing and rhythm have to be accurate for the maps set to music. You can jump with the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line or zip-line during a guitar sustain.
- Experience nerve wracking Boss Battles. Here, monstrous creatures can attack you from every angle and you will have to be at your best to beat them.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements have made it possible to introduce new lighting designs and stunning graphics in this game.
- An added advantage is the lack of loading time between each map. You will also be able to access 3 select costumes – Rayman-Vaas, Globox-Vaas and Splinter Cell.
If you are looking for a 1 or 2 player couch co-op adventure, then Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime can set your pulse racing. Go on a bright, neon galactic journey in your own battleship but remember that deep space can be dangerous!
You have to take control of lasers, turrets, thrusters and shields and team up efficiently to fight against the forces of Anti-Love.
You will also have to cruise your way through asteroid fields, alien swarms and massive interstellar bodies.
- The game allows you to team up with a friend or AI space-pet for manning various battle stations. Both of you will get to relish crucial and clearly defined roles at the same time.
- In order to customize your ship’s weapons, you have to find and combine mighty space-gems. Each gem provides you with different strengths, so that you can learn about using the right tools for distinct situations.
- It is quite easy to control your spacenaut, but you will have to communicate and work very cohesively with your partner to win against a galaxy full of evil robots.
This one of a kind role playing game was developed by Larian Studios, after the prequel won immense critical acclaim. The original story begins with the orcs of Tanoroth, who have set out to vanquish the free nations of Rivellon through deadly and bloody magic, which defies reality.