Three years and a little more time has passed since the X-box One made its entry into the market. Since then, there has been an amazing collection of games from every possible genre that has thrilled avid gamers.
These games take the thrill of adventure to a whole new level, so get ready to invite your buddies and have a blast! You can either challenge them while chasing a goal, or have them on your side to take out the opponents. The advanced algorithms of the games can find the best players to suit your style and level of expertise.
Also, the associated cloud-based power technology reduces the chances of cheating and can enhance your performance.
Here are some of the games which have hogged the spotlight for good reasons!
In this article, we take a look at the top Xbox One multiplayer games and help you decide which one to put your money on.
|Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Gold Edition - Xbox One||Activision||2016-06-14|
Here is some wonderful news for Halo fans. The Master Chief Collection compiles the re-mastered versions of the previous Halo games like Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4. The game also lets you access the live action series, Halo: Nightfall and Halo 5: Guardians. Every game features the original story and gameplay except Halo 2.
Relive the entire larger-than-life journey of the iconic hero along with upgraded audio visual features and mind-blowing graphics. Forty-five campaign missions are waiting for you and more than 100 multiplayer maps, including both original Halo Combat Evolved maps and Spartan Ops maps.
- In Halo 2, the classic mode allows you to easily switch between the revamped game and the original one from 2004.
- Halo 5 comes with extended cut scenes, hidden terminal videos, 25 original multiplayer maps and 6 new ones.
- In the Nightfall live action series, UNSC operatives are exposed to a greater danger. The game is exciting for both seasoned and fresh players.
- You get to accomplish numerous new achievements and test your talents against others in the Halo community.
#10. Rocket League
Rocket League is all set to reach you in February 2016. This simple and easy to grasp car-based soccer game is extremely addictive. All you have to do is use revolutionary cars to hit a ball into a goal.
You can jump up in the air, use a limited amount of boost to increase your speed and a handbrake will let you take tighter turns. But don’t take the simplicity of the game for granted. Things can get complicated!
- You need to figure out how to angle your car to aim and hit the ball, and at the same time control your momentum so that you can assist your team.
- It is also necessary to comprehend how to knock the ball away from your own goal.
- Practice and learn how to plan and manage angles, throttle, reversals and every other action possible.
- In some rounds you will get to play with a bunch of offense and defense players, working together with precision. And in others, things may turn to complete chaos with cars and balls flying in every direction.
- How you play the game often depends on your view of the field. So Rocket League provides options for camera placement, movement and a toggle that concentrates on your car or the ball.
- You can play one-on-one matches as well as team games with up to 4 players on each side. The game gets more complex as you keep adding players and will need more thought and effort.
Among the best multiplayer Xbox One games out there, this one is definitely worthy of mention. It comprises of both the definitive versions of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2. Excellent performance and high fidelity graphics will leave you wowed. Built especially for next-gen video game consoles, this is the best Borderlands experience to be explored till date.
- The high definition 4 player split screen on a single television, lets you and your friends blast your ways through the campaigns together.
- Get ready to enjoy the complete saga of Handsome Jack including bonus add-on content.
- If you had previous saves on your Xbox 360, you can transfer them to your Xbox One with the new cross-save function and continue with your adventure easily.
- You can make the most of cooperative gameplay which allows a maximum of 4 players, either online or locally.
- The game also comes with a Gun Duel feature which can help you settle the score in case, your pal comes across a unique weapon perfectly suited for you but refuses to part with it.
#8. Rayman Legends
The story of the game begins with troubles multiplying and spreading in The Glade of Dreams during a 100-year nap. There are terrifying new monsters like dragons, giant toads, frightening sea creatures and the devilish luchadores. So Rayman and Globox awake with Murfy’s help, and now have to battle these evils and rescue the Teensies.
Rayman and Globox along with the Teensies, then go into an enchanted forest, where they come upon a tent full of mesmerizing paintings. Each of those paintings appears to narrate a story of a mythical world. While concentrating on a painting of a medieval land, they get sucked into it, and hence a series of adventures begins for that particular world. Rayman, Globox and the Teensies have to fight their way through every world and uncover the secrets of every painting.
- A maximum of 4 players can play this game simultaneously. If anyone wants to opt out or join in, the game will continue in an uninterrupted manner.
- You can connect with your buddies through numerous challenges which put your speed and skill to test. The leaderboards will show your rank globally.
- Are you ready to become a platforming hero? Then your timing and rhythm have to be accurate for the maps set to music. You can jump with the beat of a drum, punch to the bass line or zip-line during a guitar sustain.
- Experience nerve wracking Boss Battles. Here, monstrous creatures can attack you from every angle and you will have to be at your best to beat them.
- UbiArt Engine Advancements have made it possible to introduce new lighting designs and stunning graphics in this game.
- An added advantage is the lack of loading time between each map. You will also be able to access 3 select costumes – Rayman-Vaas, Globox-Vaas and Splinter Cell.
If you are looking for a 1 or 2 player couch co-op adventure, then Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime can set your pulse racing. Go on a bright, neon galactic journey in your own battleship but remember that deep space can be dangerous!
You have to take control of lasers, turrets, thrusters and shields and team up efficiently to fight against the forces of Anti-Love.
You will also have to cruise your way through asteroid fields, alien swarms and massive interstellar bodies.
- The game allows you to team up with a friend or AI space-pet for manning various battle stations. Both of you will get to relish crucial and clearly defined roles at the same time.
- In order to customize your ship’s weapons, you have to find and combine mighty space-gems. Each gem provides you with different strengths, so that you can learn about using the right tools for distinct situations.
- It is quite easy to control your spacenaut, but you will have to communicate and work very cohesively with your partner to win against a galaxy full of evil robots.
This one of a kind role playing game was developed by Larian Studios, after the prequel won immense critical acclaim. The original story begins with the orcs of Tanoroth, who have set out to vanquish the free nations of Rivellon through deadly and bloody magic, which defies reality.
Only a condemned warrior freed from his captivity and a mediumistic heroine returned to life, have the power to fight the orcs. The enhanced edition comes with local co-op, voiced characters, novel content and a revised storyline with an all new ending.
- While playing the game you will get to uncover more about the protagonists and the secret that unites them.
- Class-free character development through exclusive skills and weapons is another advantage.
- You can add characters and creatures to your party with ease.
- You get to explore a wide world filled with quests and special moments, and interact with items which can be moved and used.
- It is possible to explore and enhance the depth of your role-playing experience through a turn-based combat system.
- To make your attacks more powerful, use combinations of skills and spells. Exploit the terrain to your advantage in battles too.
- The cooperative multiplayer mode lets you fight together with friends, and yet develop your characters individually. You can also build and share new adventures online.
Up for a hack-n-slash game but not keen to invest enough time for Divinity? Then Diablo 3 is the perfect choice for you. The story is set 2 decades after the events of Diablo 2. Though Diablo, Mephisto and Baal have been vanquished, the Worldstone which protected the dwellers of the world of Sanctuary from both heavenly and devilish forces is destroyed.
Naturally, evil has again reared its ugly head in Tristram. And you have to go on a dark and grim journey, to save the world of Sanctuary by using spells and powerful items and fight countless demons and other horrors.
- The game encompasses all the adventures from Act I to V which will take you from the besieged town of Tristram to the Pandemonium Fortress.
- You can pick from 6 potent characters such as Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Witch Doctor, Monk, Wizard, and Crusader.
- Experience the excitement of a newly fabricated loot system and offline gameplay mode which lets you enjoy the enthralling action of the console platform.
- If you are a player who loves facing danger constantly, then the game has a hardcore mode where your character has the possibility of dying permanently.
- 4 players can seamlessly play both online and local co-op games. With Xbox live support, you can contact friends, send game invites and use voice chat.
- Get to personalize your character’s appearance and enhance the ability of your items with the aid of a new artisan called the Mystic.
- Explore to your heart’s content with the adventure mode of the game, participate in loot runs in dungeons and have fun with objective based challenges.
Your imagination and creativity are your only limits in this game. It is often considered to be the best pixel-block game ever created. This game lets you create and explore a world of your own, and continues to be widely popular even after many new multiplayer games for Xbox One were launched.
- You can transfer your choicest Xbox 360 edition worlds and content packs to the Xbox One edition easily.
- The multiplayer mode lets 4 players split the screen on one console or allows up to 8 players online.
- In the creative mode, you and your buddies can build a Minecraft world yourselves, but make sure that you don’t build all over each other.
- The survival mode allows you to gather resources, fight zombies and build structures and shelters to survive amidst the hostility.
- Minecraft can be an intensely challenging game and you will always have to keep a tab on your hunger levels.
The bright colors and humorous graphics of this game are aspects, not usually associated with conventional shooter games. But don’t go by looks. An advanced Frostbite 3 engine opens up a huge 3 dimensional world of explosive combat, where zombies and plants are pitted against each other. Both sides have special skills, moves and tactical advantages.
As you progress and keep fulfilling objectives, your rank will increase, and you will gain bonus in-game currency and packs of cards. These cards are differently priced; so the cheap ones may have essential consumables while expensive ones may have rare weapon upgrades or customization items for your character.
- You will come across a wide array of plants and zombies with different abilities.
- Choose to be either on the side of plants or zombies, in a 24-player battle mode.
- You and 3 of your comrades can enjoy the 4-player online cooperative mode too.
- Make the most out of more than 10 exceptional multiplayer and cooperative battlegrounds.
#2. Watch Dogs
You will play the role of Aiden Pearce in this brilliant game. He is a smart hacker and former thug who witnessed a gory family tragedy due to his crime ridden past. So you are now ready to hunt down those who were responsible for the incident.
Feel free to manipulate everything related to the Chicago city’s network, access security cameras, obtain personal information about a target, control the traffic lights and a lot more to avenge yourself.
- From your cell phone, you will get to control the city’s infrastructure in real time. You can toy with the traffic lights to trap your enemy, board a train to evade authorities and escape being captured by raising a drawbridge and so on.
- Have the time of your life with open world multiplayer action, where friends can interact, cooperate or confront on a whole new level.
- You get to create your own attacking methods. Deliver deadly blows with your baton or shoot and hack to gain the upper hand in any situation. There will be more than 30 weapons at your disposal!
- Enjoy the rush of adrenaline while driving above 65 vehicles loaded with horsepower,to comb every nook and cranny ofthe city.
- Disrupt is the all new game engine of Watch Dogs, and it offers remarkable visuals and extremely realistic experiences. With its help, you can affect the city, the lives of the people and even the story.
- You can not only employ the city’s central operating system to your purpose and benefit, but the streets too. So feel the exhilaration of climbing rooftops or cutting through buildings to catch your target.
Get ready to face a dark, revolutionary world of warfare led by military robotics. The fruits of bio-technology have ushered in a new breed of Black Ops soldiers who are equipped to fight better and faster. There are 3 thrilling game modes – campaign, multiplayer and zombies.
- Designed as a co-op game, you can play the campaign mode with 3 other players online or as a cinematic journey by yourself. Players can use a different strategy every time they play the game.
- The multiplayer mode is immensely rewarding and engaging, with novel ways of ranking, customizing and gearing up for battles. You can experience actions like controlled thrusts, jumps and slides while maintaining control over your weapons.
- With the zombies mode, you can enjoy unforgettable experiences and a dedicated narrative. The full XP-based progression system for players also adds depth to the interesting gameplay.
- Black Ops III is all about unmatched innovations, stunning environments, unique weapons and abilities and a fluid movement system which is novel. The cutting-edge graphics, lighting systems and visual effects will blow your mind!
That was our list of the best multiplayer games for Xbox One. We know some of you will agree with this list and some you would want to add more.
So tell us which of the above mentioned games do you want to buy?
Or is there a game which we have missed, and you feel it should be on our list?
Then let us know here.