If you are looking for all the new arcade games for Xbox One, then you are at the right place. With brilliant audio and visual effects, cutting-edge graphics and enthralling storylines, these games transport you to a whole new world in seconds. Whether you are looking for action, adventure, shooting or strategy, there is something for everyone.
Note that there are quite a few Xbox 360 games which can now be played on Xbox One, owing to the backwards compatibility added by Microsoft last year, to their current generation consoles.
So check out our comprehensive list of Arcade Games in 2016 here to stay ahead in the game.
#19. Child of Light
Your journey as Princess Aurora in this game takes you through the wide world of Lemuria, to recapture the sun, moon and stars which the Black Queen has stolen. You get to explore mythical environments, interact with their occupants and find out new locations and their secrets.
- Use your power to fight evil creatures in fast paced combats, and retrieve the three sources of light.
- Your firefly companion can be controlled by another player, so you can enjoy the game with your friend too.
#18. Game of Thrones: Episode One (Iron from Ice)
Inspired by the award winning television series, this game revolves around the House Forester, in the north of Westeros. The members of this household have always been unwaveringly loyal to the Starks. And the house itself is situated at Ironrath, a stronghold to be reckoned with. Now caught up in The War of the Five Kings, every household member has to fight tooth and nail to save the house from destruction.
- You will get to visit both familiar and unfamiliar locations, faces and voices in this game. And a new narrative greets you.
- The game can be played from 5 different points of view, where each character you play is a direct family member of the house or a person serving it.
If extreme horror is your cup of tea, then do go for this one. The story is set in the infamous Raccoon City, where you can assume the role of either Chris Redfield or Jill Valentine. They are members of the Special Tactics and Rescue Service or S. T. A. R. S. And you are on a mission to find the missing Bravo team.
- Gear up for a dark, grim journey through enclosed spaces. Vicious mutated dogs and numerous other horrors await you.
- Use your skills, wits, limited ammunition and survival items to get through traps and puzzles.
- The gaming ambiance is enhanced by super realistic sound effects and unbeatable graphics.
#16. Stealth Inc. 2: A Game of Clones
Get to relive the timeless thrill of playing hide-n-seek with this game, but with much more finesse. As a clone, you will have to make your way through a number of dangerous test chambers, always making sure that you don’t get detected. If you are spotted by the eagle-eyes of your adversaries, your life will end in a whiff.
- So it is all about resorting to shadows, staying away from patrol robots, spotlights and ferocious dogs, as you head towards the exit.
- You can use unique equipment to unlock new areas and solve old puzzles.
- Play with your buddy in a full co-op mode. So while one of you controls the clone, the other will have to employ different skills and tools to hide and protect the former player.
Among the best arcade games for Xbox One, this one can be aptly described as creepy, dark and nightmarish. It is a black and white puzzle-platforming adventure, where you play as a young boy on his way to find out about his sister’s fate, in an unfriendly world.
- sYou will face dark and sinister forests, underground complexes with traps and stormy rooftops. Monsters like giant spiders and brain worms will cross your path too.
- Be quick, fearless and resourceful if you want to survive the journey and attain your goal.
#14. Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee– New & Tasty
This classic adventure game filled with fun action is sheer entertainment. Take control of Abe, who is an ugly and quirky Mudokon slave. He and others like him have been forced to work in a meat packing plant where different species are driven to extinction.
And the next in line are Mudokons! So Abe has to escape from the plant and save as many of his fellowmen as possible.
- There are various platform elements and puzzles for you to use on this mission.
- Abe must also communicate effectively with other Mudokons to finish the game and lead them towards rescue portals.
#13. Shovel Knight
An exciting gameplay, unforgettable characters and 8-bit retro aesthetic make this one a dream come true for action adventure gamers. As the Shovel Knight, you are modest in size but have a massive quest in front of you. You essentially have to vanquish the evil Enchantress and find your lost beloved.
- The Shovel Blade, a multipurpose weapon will help you to dig assiduously and slash your enemies without mercy.
- But a host of villainous knights, known as The Order of No Quarter, will try to stop you from reaching the Enchantress.
- Feel your pulse racing as you shovel your way to glory, through artistically designed levels and fight big and crazy bosses along the way.
You take on the role of Banjo, a honey bear in this game. Your sister Tooty has been kidnapped and you are looking for her with the help of your close friend Kazooie, a red gull. Each of you has different strengths which will come in useful during the quest. The game takes you through 10 worlds, the doors of which can be unlocked by finding jigsaw pieces and musical notes.
- Both you and Kazooie have more than 20 moves.
- There are over 9 levels which includes a huge underworld too. And music keeps changing throughout the game.
- Make use of the Stop ‘N’ Swop feature to connect this game with the third game in the franchise called Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts.
Crafted by The Behemoth, this re-mastered edition of the famous 2D adventure will wow you with its high resolution visuals. You and 3 other friends can play online or locally, hacking and slashing your way to fame! Defend your kingdom, rescue your princess and crash castles to save the day.
- Get to unlock more than 40 weapons and 25 characters.
- Augment your character’s level and adjust strength, magic, agility and defense accordingly.
- Cute animal orbs will be your allies and will lend various abilities to help you during the journey.
- The insane mode lets you test your game proficiency in the ultimate campaign challenge.
Powerful and violent demons are posing dangers to the Union Aerospace Corporation’s giant research facility on Mars, in this game. Only you, a lone marine stationed there, can destroy them.