Going on an adventure comes with its intrinsic share of pumped-up adrenaline and electrifying buzz. For armchair adventure lovers, Xbox Games are the best available options to quench their thirst for thrill and excitement. And developers of the best adventure Xbox One games take full advantage of that.
From nuclear wars to witchcraft, from chilling situations to detectives with supernatural powers – today’s games offer the Xbox aficionado with all possible kinds of delight.
The games listed here have everything to offer – exhilarating quests and missions, tons of action, enthralling storylines, adequate scope for you to strategize, chance to work with weapons you have never seen before, seemingly impossible goals to accomplish, and so much more. Different and interesting gaming modes, mind-blowing sound effects, and awe-inspiring visuals constitute the icing on the cake!
#12. Fallout 4
A world ravaged by nuclear war and you are the only survivor of Vault 111. Such is the setting for this popular game. All choices are yours and you have to fight every second to live. So gear up to rebuild and decide the destiny of the Wasteland.
- A massive open world waits for you to do whatever you want. There are myriad locations, quests, and characters in the story. You can either join the numerous factions competing for power or go on the mission by yourself.
- The S.P.E.C.I.A.L character system lets you become anyone you desire. You may wish to play as an armored soldier or an engrossing talker. Pick from a wide array of perks and develop your own playing style.
- An avant-garde crafting system allows you to collect, construct, and upgrade various items such as weapons, chemicals, armors, or even huge settlements.
- With new, dynamic Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System or V.A.T.S, you can slow down a first or third person fight to relish cinematic carnage in detail.
- Improved graphics and praiseworthy lighting techniques bring every location to life.
- The music perfectly reflects the moods or your emotions in each scene. It gets dramatic when a battle is in progress and mellows down for emotional situations.
In this riveting game by Ubisoft, you find yourself in London and the year is 1868. Owing to the industrial revolution, inventions and wealth are the order of the day.
But the working class is being oppressed and deprived in the name of progress. So you, as Jacob Frye, a gangster killer, will have to put together a gang and fight for justice.
Your adventure involves leading the underworld to reclaim London through fierce action and the best strategies possible. You not only have to bring down the elites, but also have to vanquish enemy gangs for the freedom of the working class.
- You get to free children who are forced into slave labor from factories, steal valuable assets from enemy boats, and much more.
- Expect brutal and fast paced action in Assassin’s Creed. So you have to employ potent multi-kills and countermoves to defeat your foes.
- It’s up to you how you want to fight your adversaries. There are countless weapons to choose from. Use the Rope Launcher technology if you want stealth and then attack with your Hidden Blade. Or go for the kukri knife and brass knuckles to get the upper hand in a struggle.
- London also offers you ample options when it comes to transportation. Chase down your target in carriages or fight your enemies on top of high speed trains. You can also make your way through the boats plying on River Thames to hunt down the elites or rival gang members.
- Cherish the thrill of meeting renowned historical figures like Westminster, Charles Dickens, Queen Victoria, Darwin, and many more.
You are welcomed with a grim, intense story about the origins of Lara Croft and how she transformed from a scared young woman into a toughened survivor. Her raw instincts and an incredible physical ability to endure adversity have helped her become who she is.
Get ready to experience the magic of peerless physics-based gameplay and a narrative that will set your pulse racing.
- This edition is apt for next generation consoles and features exemplary visual fidelity.
- Witness the power of TRESS FX technology through realistic hair simulation, where every strand is physically active.
- Fantastic lighting focuses on the blatant physicality of Lara’s adventure through mud, blood, and sweat.
- Physical world simulations lend a breath of life to trees, clothes, weather, and other effects.
- It’s impossible to miss the depth and realism of the characters in this game.
Enter a world of turmoil where the smoke of burnt villages in the air will trouble you. The vicious Empire of Nilfgaard is once again attacking the unfortunate Northern Kingdoms. No one knows for sure what the future is going to be or if someone can usher in peace.
Meanwhile, a dark and evil force is rising, which is much greater than the current conflict. The Wild Hunt is an otherworldly threat looming over the land, bringing to the fore terrible spectral riders who have demolished mankind for ages. And this time the Hunt is looking for the closest kin of Geralt.
Experience the appeal of a non-linear story in an open world, along with tactical combats, animated living environments, and rational inhabitants. You will travel the world and endure pouring rain and scorching heat. You will come across villagers saving themselves from monsters, predators hunting their prey, and lovers meeting on moonlit nights.
- Wild Hunt comes with a tutorial which makes it easy for both experienced and fresh players to slip into the game with ease.
- Elements of conventional role playing games and authentic fighting games have been combined seamlessly.
- Get to make choices that have consequences and can change the story.
- Quests and the core story can be completed in any order.
- A stunning game background, exclusive atmosphere, and heavy dialogues add punch to the game.
- Enjoy 36 different gameworld states and three playable epilogues.
- Regions come with varied inspirations and distinct cultural references.
- Monsters have different lore attached with them, can respond to environmental changes, and pose matchless hunting challenges.
- There is tons of scope for character development and locations exhibit increased graphical details.
Adapted from the Slender Man and recreated from Mark Hadley’s nerve-wrecking creation, this game is set to give you all the chills and thrills possible.
For all horror fans out there, let us assure you that this is among the best adventure games for Xbox One for a reason, and you won’t be disappointed. Because you are on your own, with no one to hear your frightened screams or to come to save you!
- Developed in collaboration with the Blue Isle Studios, this game brings you a refreshing new storyline, commendable visuals, and excellent replay value.
- The survival horror gameplay will force you to venture into varied human emotions in a disturbing world. You will need your wits and instincts in place to get out alive!
- Once you finish the core game, you will be able to access flashback levels, where you will have to stand in the shoes of the Slender Man’s victims.
The protagonist of this puzzling murder mystery is David Young, a detective who has the supernatural ability to travel into the past by touching objects called “mementos”. He is investigating the murder of his wife, whose final words were “Look for D”. So as David in these episodic series, you have to find out the killer, change the past, and save your wife.
- The story has a whole lot of quirky characters and very effectively lays the groundwork for twists and turns and revelations in the future episodes.
- You get to interact with many people who may or may not be linked with your wife’s death. Also explore different locations and try to gather as much information as possible which will help you to solve the crime.
- As you progress in the game, you will learn more about David’s past life and the equation he shared with his wife.
- Entertaining dialogues and a wonderful presentation are the added bonus.