Going on an adventure comes with its intrinsic share of pumped-up adrenaline and electrifying buzz. For armchair adventure lovers, Xbox Games are the best available options to quench their thirst for thrill and excitement. And developers of the best adventure Xbox One games take full advantage of that.From nuclear wars to witchcraft, from chilling situations to detectives with supernatural powers – today’s games offer the Xbox aficionado with all possible kinds of delight.Below is our list of 12 Best Xbox One Adventure Games – Kiss your boredom goodbye!
The games listed here have everything to offer – exhilarating quests and missions, tons of action, enthralling storylines, the adequate scope for you to strategize, the chance to work with weapons you have never seen before, seemingly impossible goals to accomplish, and so much more. Different and interesting gaming modes, mind-blowing sound effects, and awe-inspiring visuals constitute the icing on the cake!
- List of 12 Best Xbox One Adventure Games You Should Play in 2017
- #12. Fallout 4
- #11. Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
- #10. Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
- #9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- #8. Slender: The Arrival
- #7. D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die
- #6. Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse
- #5. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2
- #4. King’s Quest Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember
- #3. Tales from the Borderlands: Episode One – Zer0 Sum
- #2. Game of Thrones: Episode Six – The Ice Dragon
- #1. Minecraft: Xbox One Edition
- Last But Not The Least
List of 12 Best Xbox One Adventure Games You Should Play in 2017
#12. Fallout 4
A world ravaged by nuclear war and you are the only survivor of Vault 111. Such is the setting for this popular game. All choices are yours and you have to fight every second to live. So gear up to rebuild and decide the destiny of the Wasteland.
- A massive open world waits for you to do whatever you want. There are myriad locations, quests, and characters in the story. You can either join the numerous factions competing for power or go on the mission by yourself.
- The S.P.E.C.I.A.L character system lets you become anyone you desire. You may wish to play as an armored soldier or an engrossing talker. Pick from a wide array of perks and develop your own playing style.
- An avant-garde crafting system allows you to collect, construct, and upgrade various items such as weapons, chemicals, armors, or even huge settlements.
- With new, dynamic Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System or V.A.T.S, you can slow down a first or third person fight to relish cinematic carnage in detail.
- Improved graphics and praiseworthy lighting techniques bring every location to life.
- The music perfectly reflects the moods or your emotions in each scene. It gets dramatic when a battle is in progress and mellows down for emotional situations.
In this riveting game by Ubisoft, you find yourself in London and the year is 1868. Owing to the industrial revolution, inventions and wealth are the order of the day.
But the working class is being oppressed and deprived in the name of progress. So you, as Jacob Frye, a gangster killer, will have to put together a gang and fight for justice.
Your adventure involves leading the underworld to reclaim London through fierce action and the best strategies possible. You not only have to bring down the elites but also have to vanquish enemy gangs for the freedom of the working class.
- You get to free children who are forced into slave labor from factories, steal valuable assets from enemy boats, and much more.
- Expect brutal and fast-paced action in Assassin’s Creed. So you have to employ potent multi-kills and countermoves to defeat your foes.
- It’s up to you how you want to fight your adversaries. There are countless weapons to choose from. Use the Rope Launcher technology if you want stealth and then attack with your Hidden Blade. Or go for the kukri knife and brass knuckles to get the upper hand in a struggle.
- London also offers you ample options when it comes to transportation. Chase down your target in carriages or fight your enemies on top of high-speed trains. You can also make your way through the boats plying on River Thames to hunt down the elites or rival gang members.
- Cherish the thrill of meeting renowned historical figures like Westminster, Charles Dickens, Queen Victoria, Darwin, and much more.
You are welcomed with a grim, intense story about the origins of Lara Croft and how she transformed from a scared young woman into a toughened survivor. Her raw instincts and an incredible physical ability to endure adversity have helped her become who she is.
Get ready to experience the magic of peerless physics-based gameplay and a narrative that will set your pulse racing.
- This edition is apt for next-generation consoles and features exemplary visual fidelity.
- Witness the power of TRESS FX technology through realistic hair simulation, where every strand is physically active.
- Fantastic lighting focuses on the blatant physicality of Lara’s adventure through mud, blood, and sweat.
- Physical world simulations lend a breath of life to trees, clothes, weather, and other effects.
- It’s impossible to miss the depth and realism of the characters in this game.
Enter a world of turmoil where the smoke of burnt villages in the air will trouble you. The vicious Empire of Nilfgaard is once again attacking the unfortunate Northern Kingdoms. No one knows for sure what the future is going to be or if someone can usher in peace.
Meanwhile, a dark and evil force is rising, which is much greater than the current conflict. The Wild Hunt is an otherworldly threat looming over the land, bringing to the fore terrible spectral riders who have demolished mankind for ages. And this time the Hunt is looking for the closest kin of Geralt.
Experience the appeal of a non-linear story in an open world, along with tactical combats, animated living environments, and rational inhabitants. You will travel the world and endure pouring rain and scorching heat. You will come across villagers saving themselves from monsters, predators hunting their prey, and lovers meeting on moonlit nights.
- Wild Hunt comes with a tutorial which makes it easy for both experienced and fresh players to slip into the game with ease.
- Elements of conventional role-playing games and authentic fighting games have been combined seamlessly.
- Get to make choices that have consequences and can change the story.
- Quests and the core story can be completed in any order.
- A stunning game background, exclusive atmosphere, and heavy dialogues add punch to the game.
- Enjoy 36 different gameworld states and three playable epilogues.
- Regions come with varied inspirations and distinct cultural references.
- Monsters have different lore attached to them, can respond to environmental changes, and pose matchless hunting challenges.
- There is tons of scope for character development and locations exhibit increased graphical details.
Adapted from the Slender Man and recreated from Mark Hadley’s nerve-wrecking creation, this game is set to give you all the chills and thrills possible.
For all horror fans out there, let us assure you that this is among the best adventure games for Xbox One for a reason, and you won’t be disappointed. Because you are on your own, with no one to hear your frightened screams or to come to save you!
- Developed in collaboration with the Blue Isle Studios, this game brings you a refreshing new storyline, commendable visuals, and excellent replay value.
- The survival horror gameplay will force you to venture into varied human emotions in a disturbing world. You will need your wits and instincts in place to get out alive!
- Once you finish the core game, you will be able to access flashback levels, where you will have to stand in the shoes of the Slender Man’s victims.
The protagonist of this puzzling murder mystery is David Young, a detective who has the supernatural ability to travel into the past by touching objects called “mementos”. He is investigating the murder of his wife, whose final words were “Look for D”. So as David in these episodic series, you have to find out the killer, change the past, and save your wife.
- The story has a whole lot of quirky characters and very effectively lays the groundwork for twists and turns and revelations in the future episodes.
- You get to interact with many people who may or may not be linked with your wife’s death. Also, explore different locations and try to gather as much information as possible which will help you to solve the crime.
- As you progress through the game, you will learn more about David’s past life and the equation he shared with his wife.
- Entertaining dialogues and a wonderful presentation are the added bonus.
A fantastic blend of mystery and humor, this elegant point-and-click game comes with intriguing characters and refreshing dialogues. The story is set in Paris during spring when gunshots are heard from an art gallery.
A significant painting seems missing and the owner is found murdered. So, American lawyer George Stobbart and the French journalist Nico Collard find themselves hot in pursuit after the robbed painting across countries. Along the way, they also unravel a deadly and ancient conspiracy.
- Each and every background of the game is stunning and locations are immaculately designed.
- Excellent writing style adds life to the characters.
- The game comes with numerous creative puzzles which let you pique your brains.
- And of course, the curse that you have to solve will seem like something the devil himself has devised.
In this fantasy adventure story, you will join Wilbur, Nate, Ivo, and Critter in the evil world of Avantasia and help them realize their destiny, which is unwritten. The heroes had successfully vanquished the arch-witch Mortroga, some time back. But their lives are still in utter chaos. The War of the Two Towers is over, but the after-effects are still burning bright.
Wilbur the gnome is having a hard time teaching at the School of Wizardry and Witchcraft. His wand is behaving erratically and an assassination plot is brewing against the arch-mage. Political disturbances are threatening the peace and Wilbur needs his friends by his side more than ever.
But Ivo is back in her cage in the elf kingdom under the watchful eyes of her controlling mother. And Nate and Critter are imprisoned on the flying island of their deadly foe, the Red Pirate. And the trouble doesn’t end there. A strange magic is transforming powerful creatures into soft and plush puppies. And castles are turning into massive dollhouses.
- Enjoy 20 hours of pointing and clicking away to glory with the game’s heroes.
- The story features trademark Bout humor, adorable spoofs of Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, The Hobbit, and more.
- Tease your brains with countless logical, yet weird, puzzles and make the most out of multi-character gameplay.
- Meet a large group of interesting old and new characters.
- The best of both 2D and 3D styles and techniques come together with Projection Mapping Technology.
This revamped adventure saga by The Odd Gentlemen does absolute justice to the fairytale essence of the original franchise and deserves a special mention among the top Xbox One adventure games. The game makes you look both backward and forwards in an enjoyable manner.
The hero Graham is now a seasoned king and his character gets a new lease of life with actor Christopher Lloyd. The storyline revolves around the tales Graham recounts to his granddaughter Gwendolyn, about his exploits when he was young and yet to become an heir.
- The first chapter comprises adventures such as The Magic Mirror, Tournament of Hopeful Knights, Finding Achaka, Duel of Strength, Duel of Speed, and Championship Duel of Wits.
- Beautiful cartoon graphics and Hollywood quality sound and scripting will leave you impressed.
- There are plenty of action, tricky challenges, and inscrutable puzzles for you to enjoy as the game moves forward.
- You will also get to collect various items, talk to different people, and explore the landscape for clues and such.
In the ruthless world of Pandora, you get to play as Rhys who aspires to become the next Handsome Jack and Fiona, a con artist, who is eager to accomplish her biggest swindle ever. As unwilling partners, they embark on an adventure to recover cash which they both believe is theirs.
Along the daring journey, they encounter gangsters, bandits, vault hunters, and countless other obstacles.
- The storyline is gripping with ample doses of intriguing characters, complex mysteries, powerful decisions, and humor. Rhys particularly has the power to scan people and other objects in the environment, which often leads to hilarious moments.
- Accompanied by a haunting background score, this game tests your wits more than your ability to use weapons.
- Watch out for brilliant dialogues and interesting character developments. The writing is superb too.
Telltale Games puts together a memorable final episode where there are a number of tough decisions to make and eye-opening moments to behold. Some sad outcomes are expected or else it wouldn’t be Game of Thrones.
The impact of the story is enhanced with the wonderful acting you get to watch. In this game, there’s no quitting. You either win or die.
- House Whitehill’s grip on Ironrath is tightening under the command of Ramsay Bolton. And the surviving Forresters have to fight till their last breath, to save the family. It can be through diplomacy, trickery, or violence because there is no escape.
- Gared gets to uncover the secrets of the mystery-clad North Grove, beyond The Wall.
- Mira finds out that political games in a King’s Landing, under the control of Cersei Lannister, can come with unbelievably high stakes.
- Gear up to experience some gut-wrenching action, drama, and adventure.
This game challenges your power of imagination and innovation to the fullest. According to many critics and fans, it is the best pixel-block game ever created. It lets you build and explore a world that you can truly call your own.
Minecraft brings you the classic spirit of adventure with a rewarding gaming experience. It also lets you relive human history in a unique way.
- Transfer your favorite Xbox 360 edition worlds and content packs to the Xbox One edition conveniently.
- In the multiplayer mode, four players can split the screen on one console or up to eight players can enjoy the game online.
- The creative mode lets you and your friends create a Minecraft world yourselves, but ensure that you don’t end up building over each other.
- In the survival mode, you have to collect resources, battle zombies, and build structures and shelters, which can protect you from hostile forces.
- While playing this challenging game, you will always need to watch your hunger levels.
- High resolution, a larger map size, a deeper field of view, and a smooth frame rate are added attractions.
Last But Not The Least
It is easy to conclude that each of the new adventure games for Xbox One mentioned above, has something exclusive to offer. Different plots, different objectives, different paths for attaining goals, different rewards, and so on.We hope you liked our article on 12 Best Xbox One Adventure Games – Kiss your boredom goodbye! and will recommend this to your friends & family members.
So tell us, which ones do you think feel closer to your heart than others?
And don’t forget to mention why. Also, is there a game which we have missed out on? Do let us know for sure, here.
You may also interested in reading articles given below