It is true that the video game industry is flooded with first-person shooter games, but there is a reason behind it. The adrenaline rush you feel while shooting monsters, aliens, zombies or terrorists is matchless.And since you have the first person’s perspective, you enjoy a high level of engagement with the story, actions, and consequences.So whether you are a seasoned player or new to the world of gaming, check out our list of the 10 Best Xbox 360 FPS Games which are earning rave reviews presently.
10 Best Xbox 360 FPS Games (2018) Which are Simply Irresistible!
#10. Borderlands 2
Welcome back to the unpredictable world of Pandora with this sequel to the first Borderlands game. Here you get to play as one of the 4 new vault hunters who have to face the ruthless and conniving mastermind, Handsome Jack. Be ready for other enemies, monsters and evil creatures on the way too.
Borderlands 2 lets you team up with your buddies, employ countless weapons and abilities and play on a 4-player co-op or split screen with ease. Accomplish missions, collect randomly generated loots and make the most out of the novel features of the game.
- Each of the 4 treasure seekers come with distinct skills and powers. Axton or “the commando” can beckon a turret when offensive support is required. Maya is “the siren”, who can trap foes in a sphere of energy for a few moments via a process called “phase-lock”. Zer0 or “the assassin” can become invisible temporarily and create a hologram distraction for enemies. And Salvador is “the gunzerker” who has the ability to temporarily dual-wield his weapons.
- A number of new gameplay elements have been added to Borderlands 2. The multiplayer mode comes with a trading system. A new substance called slag has been introduced, which augments the destruction caused to targets when they are covered in it.
- You will get to utilize new E-Tech weapons and Eridium bars which are the currency to be used for buying upgrades. And “Secret Stash” is a small space for storage where items are transferred between characters.
- In the True Vault Hunter mode, the game gets more difficult since your enemies become more powerful. But at the same time, you have the chance to find rare and superior quality items, and reach up to level 50.
Let the U.S. Army’s Integrated Warfighter System or the IWS blow your mind in this game! The IWS seamlessly unites avant-garde weaponry, satellite communication devices, and enhanced survival abilities to form a unique integrated combat system. And it is now ready to be utilized on the battlefield.
Related: Best Xbox 360 Racing Games that keep you in the driver's seat!
You will assume the role of Captain Scott Mitchell and command the Ghosts and the Special Forces armed with the IWS to save the president of the United States from new looming threats. You also have to retrieve stolen nuclear codes and annihilate a ferocious group of renegade soldiers, intent on unleashing disaster.
- Experience the thrill of next-generation gaming owing to the game’s stunning graphics and creative features.
- Relish the thrill of futuristic military technology with sophisticated weapons and a realistic view of ultramodern warfare.
- The game brings you Cross-Com, a revolutionary communication device affixed to the soldier’s monocle. It offers complete awareness of the battlefield situation, making it easier for you to command effectively. You also receive visual and auditory intelligence from unmanned drones and allied forces.
- Enjoy a breathtaking and detailed urban setting for the war, as it takes place in Mexico City.
- The multiplayer and cooperative gameplay experiences are unbeatable.
#8. Far Cry 3
As Jason Brody, you find yourself trapped on a strange tropical island, where violence and anarchy are the order of the day. Untouched by civilization, this island is home to merciless piracy and human desolation. Only you get to decide how the story progresses.
Choose your friends carefully and battle enemies in a world where there is no right or wrong. You can slash, sneak or shoot through the mysterious paradise, and you will need all your wits and skills in place to survive.
- Among the top Xbox 360 fps games, this is one of those that let you fabricate your own adventure. Personalize your arms, your abilities and your approach towards every mission. So you can go for run-and-gun action, stealthy takedowns or long-range sniping.
- Explore a world full of lofty mountains, grasslands, and sandy beaches. Find relics, hunt unique animals and play short games along the way. Moreover, you can travel by land, sea or air.
- Far Cry 3 brings you face to face with the dark side of humanity, where you come across disturbed but intriguing characters.
- You can have fun playing this game with 3 other friends either online or on the split screen.
- In the multiplayer mode, both expertise and team play are rewarded. To access higher levels, players will have to support each other. So you and your pals can try boosting with battle cries, or revive each other or call in support weaponry. You have the option to either punish or forgive your adversaries.
- The game’s map editor comes with improved features and the promise of fresh content.
#7. Fallout 3
For over two centuries, Vault 101 has sincerely served the surviving residents of Washington DC and the Capital Wasteland. The United States is still recuperating from the ravages of the 2077 global atomic war.
But the lives of the residents in Vault 101, is unaffected by the constant struggle of the world outside. Because, the advanced Vault-Tec engineering is much more than a match for raiders, slavers, massive insects, and super mutants.
Another Read: Best Xbox 360 Strategy Games that will puzzle your brain
But suddenly one morning, you wake up to find that your father has left the security and comfort of Vault 101 for some unknown reasons. So now, you have to set out from the Vault to search for your father and uncover the truth behind his decision to leave.
- Soak in the enthralling sights of the Capital Wasteland, where you see the ruins of the famous monuments of United States. Your choices can change the fate of the world!
- Experience the latest innovations in human ability simulation. Countless customization options are available for your character.
- With the help of the wizards at Vault-Tec, you can now view the environment from a first or third person perspective too.
- Decide on which side you want to be, good or evil. Try out different ways of dealing with a situation in a civilized manner.
- Human interaction in the game reaches an all new level with lifelike facial expressions, gestures, and dialogues.
- The use of high definition graphics in Fallout 3 makes you realize the cruel aftermaths of nuclear wars. You may see it in the barrenness of the Wasteland or in the rotting flesh of a mutant’s face.
- The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System lets you pause a fight, target specific body parts of your enemy, line up attacks and witness brilliant explosions.
#6. Halo 3
This one is the third gem of the Halo trilogy and begins from where Halo 2 ended. The Master Chief returns to Earth for a final showdown. A huge, ancient object has been discovered under the African sands by the Covenant. And its secrets are yet to be unveiled.
On one hand, Earth’s forces are defeated and shaken, and on the other hand, the Master Chief’s comrade Cortana remains a captive of Gravemind, an evil Flood intelligence. Also, the Covenant is in the middle of a civil war. An epic battle is on its way.
- The game allows you to take full advantage of the features of Xbox 360. The level of technical and gameplay enhancements are hard to miss.
- You get to experience high definition visuals, advanced A.I., an avant-garde real-time lighting engine, new weaponry, new characters and of course, challenges.
- Enjoy a never-before world of multiplayer online gameplay.
If you are looking for an amazing photo-realistic gaming experience with tons of action, then Modern Warfare is one of your best bets. Both the single-player and multiplayer modes are addictive.
You will be wowed by the spectacular special effects, depth of field, rim-lighting, self-shadowing of characters, texture streaming, real-time post-processing and the awesome applications of physics.
- Pick from a wide array of advanced weapons including assault rifles with laser sights, .50 caliber sniper rifles, M-249 SAW machine guns and more. An exciting range of accessories comprises of night vision goggles, ghillie suits to stay concealed from enemy eyes etc.
- Gear up for the thrill of different battle styles. There are times when you have to fast-rope from a helicopter or ride in a fleet of attack choppers. You also get to employ jets to destroy enemy strongholds and target hostiles from high above the ground, from an aerial gunship.
- The high-quality graphics and audio score are added bonuses.
#4. Portal 2
Developed by Nuclear Monkey, Portal 2 is one of the best fps games for Xbox 360. The original had won more than 70 industry awards for its creative gameplay, storyline, and music.
The sequel additionally makes use of advanced physics to offer players more interesting challenges. Portal 2 features a fair dose of humor too.
- In the single-player mode, you will meet dynamic new characters, loads of fresh puzzle elements and numerous tricky test chambers.
- Get to explore those regions of Aperture Science Labs which you have never seen before. And most importantly, you will be reunited with GLaDOS, the computer companion who guided you in the original game.
- The 2-player cooperative mode of this game comes with a separate campaign, an exclusive story, test chambers, and 2 new player characters. You and your friend will have to think and strategize together to attain your goals.
As a dazzling blend of fantasy, adventure, and action, Skyrim is unparalleled. The story focuses on the Empire of Tamriel, which is in danger. The murder of the High King of Skyrim has given birth to conflicts and claims to the throne. But there is a bigger threat lurking around the corner.
Mighty and vicious dragons have returned to the empire. And the latter’s future entirely lies in the hands of the Dragonborn prophesized to arrive soon. So you play as a hero with the power of The Voice and only you can stand tall against the ancient dragons.
- The game presents a wide open-world epic with remarkable gameplay and use of the latest technology.
- You can do whatever you desire and build your character the way you want. This freedom of choice, combined with an engrossing storyline is tough to beat.
- Experience the enchantment of a realistic virtual world with craggy mountains, rolling clouds, busy cities, verdant fields and long-forgotten dungeons.
- Make your choice from a large variety of spells, weapons, and abilities to fight adversaries. With the aid of the new character system, let your actions define your character.
- As Dragonborn, you will be able to uncover the secrets of these evil creatures, harness their power for yourself, and engage in death-defying battles.
#2. The Orange Box
As Gordon Freeman, a scientist, you have to save our planet from countless ruthless alien attackers. This is the effect of your wrongdoing at Black Mesa previously. And now both Earth’s resources and population are on a decline.
The specialty of this game lies in the fact that, all objects and characters exhibit precise physical properties and act with the correct mass and density as their real-life counterparts. Extremely advanced computer intelligence brings you face to face with rivals who can adapt, plan and respond appropriately to your actions.
Besides the original Half-Life 2 game, you also get to enjoy bonuses like Half-Life 2: Episode One and Episode Two, Portal and Team Fortress 2.
- Half-Life 2 welcomes you to a world where your presence impacts everything surrounding you. It can be the physical environment or even the emotions and attitudes of your friends and foes.
- In Half-Life 2: Episode One, you must face the aftermaths of your wrong actions in City 17 and the Citadel. You again meet Alyx Vance and her robot, Dog since they still support the resistance’s war against the Combine forces.
- Half-Life 2: Episode Two takes you to new unexplored locations outside of City 17.
- Portal is a single player action game which reveals new rules about approaching and manipulating your environment.
- With Team Fortress 2, you get to relish the excitement of team-based multiplayer action games. Especially watch out for its incredible art style, featuring cutting-edge graphics.
Get ready to embrace BioShock’s living, unique and dynamic first-person shooter experience. Your plane crashes into icy unknown waters where you come across a rusted bathysphere. Then descend to reach Rapture, a fascinating city hidden under the depths of the sea. Originally set up as an idealistic society for scientists, artists, and industrialists, the city is now a world of terror.
There are corpses all around, mighty guardians roam the corridors and little girls steal from the dead. Moreover, genetically mutated inhabitants try to attack you at the drop of a hat. So try to defend your world by employing unique devices, commandeering security turrets and fabricating special items necessary for your survival.
This game doesn’t just test your wits and strengths, but also your values and commitments towards the city’s dwellers. A whole host of personalization options makes it possible for you to enjoy an experience that reflects your gaming style.
- Feel free to customize your weapons with ionic gels, explosives, and toxins, depending on the enemy and environment you face.
- Get to genetically modify your body via numerous Plasmid Stations available all over the city. These stations can equip you with unbelievable and bizarre capabilities.
- BioShock presents a living world driven by Ecological A.I. The interesting and significant relationships between the citizens affect your gameplay experience.
- The next generation graphics of the game is truly impressive. The desolate art deco city is vividly depicted, and the water effects are incredibly realistic.
- You have to make many important choices and wise decisions as the game move forward. Finally, you have to decide whether you should take advantage of the innocent survivors of the city to accomplish your objective or save them.
A Final Word
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there are many new fps games for Xbox 360 which may catch your eye. But a whole lot of relatively old but classic games continue to top the popularity chart.
Some primarily challenge your brawns, some others test your mental agility and then there are those which are combinations of both styles.
So tell us which one of the games listed above, appeals to the gamer in you.
You may like our other articles in this category