It is true that the video game industry is flooded with first person shooter games, but there is a reason behind it. The adrenaline rush you feel while shooting monsters, aliens, zombies or terrorists is matchless.
And since you have the first person’s perspective, you enjoy a high level of engagement with the story, actions and consequences.
So whether you are a seasoned player or new to the world of gaming, check out our list of the best fps Xbox 360 games which are earning rave reviews presently.
#10. Borderlands 2
Welcome back to the unpredictable world of Pandora with this sequel to the first Borderlands game. Here you get to play as one of the 4 new vault hunters who have to face the ruthless and conniving mastermind, Handsome Jack. Be ready for other enemies, monsters and evil creatures on the way too.
Borderlands 2 lets you team up with your buddies, employ countless weapons and abilities and play on a 4-player co-op or split screen with ease. Accomplish missions, collect randomly generated loots and make the most out of the novel features of the game.
- Each of the 4 treasure seekers come with distinct skills and powers. Axton or “the commando” can beckon a turret when offensive support is required. Maya is “the siren”, who can trap foes in a sphere of energy for a few moments via a process called “phaselock”. Zer0 or “the assassin” can become invisible temporarily and create a hologram distraction for enemies. And Salvador is “the gunzerker” who has the ability to temporarily dual-wield his weapons.
- A number of new gameplay elements have been added to Borderlands 2. The multiplayer mode comes with a trading system. A new substance called slag has been introduced, which augments the destruction caused to targets when they are covered in it.
- You will get to utilize new E-Tech weapons and Eridium bars which are the currency to be used for buying upgrades. And “Secret Stash” is a small space for storage where items are transferred between characters.
- In the True Vault Hunter mode, the game gets more difficult since your enemies become more powerful. But at the same time, you have the chance to find rare and superior quality items, and reach up to level 50.
Let the U.S. Army’s Integrated Warfighter System or the IWS blow your mind in this game! The IWS seamlessly unites avant-garde weaponry, satellite communication devices and enhanced survival abilities to form a unique integrated combat system. And it is now ready to be utilized in the battlefield.
Related: Best Xbox 360 Racing Games that keep you in the drivers seat!
You will assume the role of Captain Scott Mitchell and command the Ghosts and the Special Forces armed with the IWS to save the president of the United States from new looming threats. You also have to retrieve stolen nuclear codes and annihilate a ferocious group of renegade soldiers, intent on unleashing disaster.
- Experience the thrill of next generation gaming owing to the game’s stunning graphics and creative features.
- Relish the thrill of futuristic military technology with sophisticated weapons and a realistic view of ultramodern warfare.
- The game brings you Cross-Com, a revolutionary communication device affixed to the soldier’s monocle. It offers complete awareness about the battlefield situation, making it easier for you to command effectively. You also receive visual and auditory intelligence from unmanned drones and allied forces.
- Enjoy a breathtaking and detailed urban setting for the war, as it takes place in Mexico City.
- The multiplayer and cooperative gameplay experiences are unbeatable.
#8. Far Cry 3
As Jason Brody, you find yourself trapped on a strange tropical island, where violence and anarchy are the order of the day. Untouched by civilization, this island is home to merciless piracy and human desolation. Only you get to decide how the story progresses.
Choose your friends carefully and battle enemies in a world where there is no right or wrong. You can slash, sneak or shoot through the mysterious paradise, and you will need all your wits and skills in place to survive.
- Among the top Xbox 360 fps games, this is one of those that let you fabricate your own adventure. Personalize your arms, your abilities and your approach towards every mission. So you can go for run-and-gun action, stealthy takedowns or long-range sniping.
- Explore a world full of lofty mountains, grasslands and sandy beaches. Find relics, hunt unique animals and play short games along the way. Moreover, you can travel by land, sea or air.
- Far Cry 3 brings you face to face with the dark side of humanity, where you come across disturbed but intriguing characters.
- You can have fun playing this game with 3 other friends either online or on split screen.
- In the multiplayer mode, both expertise and team play are rewarded. To access higher levels, players will have to support each other. So you and your pals can try boosting with battle cries, or revive each other or call in support weaponry. You have the option to either punish or forgive your adversaries.
- The game’s map editor comes with improved features and the promise of fresh content.
#7. Fallout 3
For over two centuries, Vault 101 has sincerely served the surviving residents of Washington DC and the Capital Wasteland. The United States is still recuperating from the ravages of the 2077 global atomic war.
But the lives of the residents in Vault 101, is unaffected by the constant struggle of the world outside. Because, the advanced Vault-Tec engineering is much more than a match for raiders, slavers, massive insects, and super mutants.
Another Read: Best Xbox 360 Strategy Games that will puzzle your brain
But suddenly one morning, you wake up to find that your father has left the security and comfort of Vault 101 for some unknown reasons. So now, you have to set out from the Vault to search for your father and uncover the truth behind his decision to leave.
- Soak in the enthralling sights of the Capital Wasteland, where you see the ruins of the famous monuments of United States. Your choices can change the fate of the world!
- Experience the latest innovations in human ability simulation. Countless customization options are available for your character.
- With the help of the wizards at Vault-Tec, you can now view the environment from a first or third person perspective too.
- Decide on which side you want to be, good or evil. Try out different ways of dealing with a situation in a civilized manner.
- Human interaction in the game reaches an all new level with lifelike facial expressions, gestures and dialogues.
- The use of high definition graphics in Fallout 3 make you realize the cruel aftermaths of nuclear wars. You may see it in the barrenness of the Wasteland or in the rotting flesh of a mutant’s face.
- The Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System lets you pause a fight, target specific body parts of your enemy, line up attacks and witness brilliant explosions.
#6. Halo 3
This one is the third gem of the Halo trilogy and begins from where Halo 2 ended. The Master Chief returns to Earth for a final showdown. A huge, ancient object has been discovered under the African sands by the Covenant. And its secrets are yet to be unveiled.