Get everything you need from a budget car.
Settling for a used car doesn’t mean that you would need to compromise on all those factors that you’ve always needed in a car. Given the highly contested used car market of today, one would often feel spoilt for choice and the repertoire of options available is immense.
Here’s our list of the best cars under $5000:
#10. 2005 Honda Insight
Honda launched the Insight with a rather different look which received mixed responses. The best thing about the car is this very look that may either repel you at the first sight of it or it may attract you a lot. This is a good thing because if you love such an unconventional look, you’re going to fall in love with it over time.
The Insight has been designed to suit the needs of the working class and for this reason the company has given a lot of thought to the car’s engine efficiency. The Insight is very good in terms of performance and if you are one of those travelers` who like to go about places while riding slowly in pride, the Insight is what you want.
- The car has an excellent fuel efficiency rate. This means the fuel consumed by this car has the maximum output and you can go for longer distances with the same amount of fuel in comparison to another car in this segment.
- Right when you were wondering if it could get any better, Honda has nailed it by designing the car as a hybrid form of gasoline and electric engine. This adds to its efficiency.
- The only thing that you cannot expect from the Insight is speed. The car has a very bad pickup and therefore if you are looking for a speeding machine in your garage, the Insight will disappoint you.
- Further the shape of the car’s body is very different and it kind of opposes aerodynamics thus hampering the speed to greater magnitude.
- The Honda Insight has a mileage of 56 mpg on highways and 57 mpg inside the city.
Honda is phenomenal with its cars and designs each automobile differently to meet the requirements of different people of different classes. The Odyssey is a very excellent example of that. This car is almost a minivan and is very suitable for those who have comparatively larger families or those who have to commute a lot with a lot of things to carry.
The best part about the odyssey is that it is very affordable and it is very durable. This means, even if it is a rough day on the road, you can completely rely on this car and it will take you to your destination without any problem at all.
- The car has a whooping towing capacity of over 3500 which is hard to find in any other car of the segment.
- The Honda Odyssey has a very large cargo space of about 147 cubic feet, a reason why it becomes the perfect choice if you want to carry around a lot of things or go with a whole lot of your picnic stuff.
- The car is also very affordable and has a very good reputation in terms of durability, reliability and is pretty tough.
- The car is very spacious on the inside.
- One of the problems of the Odyssey is its mileage which is very, very low. The car offers a mileage of 17mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway.
- The Odyssey has a six cylinder 3.5 L engine.
- The car is very powerful for all the purposes and dons a power of 244 HP.
The fact that it comes from the house of Dodge gives this car some extra edge just to begin with. Dodge is known for its durable and tough cars which is why you can rest assured that the Caliber has all the calibre to meet your needs and requirements.
If you are looking for a small family car, or just a hatchback that you can rely on all the time, the Caliber might just be your most appropriate choice. The car comes with a very excellent engine and the space inside the car is surprisingly huge for a hatchback.
No other car in the same segment may have a head-room and leg-room as good as that of the Dodge Caliber.
- The best thing about this car is the space it has. The four-door hatchback comes with an extraordinary amount of space on the inside. The cabin of the car is very spacious.
- Further another elevating point about this car is the fact that it almost makes no noise at all. The engine of the car is quiet and runs smoothly like butter.
- The car is also very comfortable which makes it very suitable for your family requirements.
- Although Dodge has made this car in the most extraordinary ways possible and although it has fared exceptionally well above the expectations of the customers, the car lacks some safety features which makes you rethink your choice.
- The car employs a four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 2.0 L.
- The car has a horsepower of a whooping 158 HP.
- The fuel efficiency of the car is also good.
The Toyota Corolla is one of the most excellent and efficient cars ever produced by the company. Toyota designed the Corolla to bring about a very optimum combination of luxury and utility and added the element of comfort in it. These things make Corolla one of the best sedans available in the markets and even if the car was launched 9 years ago, it still is a very good automobile by today’s standards.
The Corolla has a very good agility. This factor also imparts the car with an unprecedented level of elegance which is very desirable. The car is further pretty durable and it also has some of the most excellent safety features in it. For these reasons, Corolla is the perfect family car in the truest of senses.
- Toyota Corolla has a very great engine efficiency which makes it a winner in the first place. The engine efficiency makes it possible for you to get a greater output from the car per gallon of fuel.
- The car also has a very aerodynamic body because of which the pickup of the vehicle gets enhanced, thus giving you more power and speed.
- The car comes with some points that make it less desirable but they are not really major problems. The noise of the car’s engine can sometimes exceed a certain level.
- Further the Corolla is also a little uncomfortable to ride in on very long journeys.
- The car comes with a fuel efficiency rating of 32 mpg in the city and the number jumps to 41 mpg when the car hits the highway.
The fact that experts and dealers find it very difficult to get a used Nissan Altima from the owners speaks oceans about the performance and the awesomeness that the car has within it. The Altima was designed by Nissan to make the otherwise uncomfortable rides a little more comfortable for the passengers.
The car provides ample leg-room to the passenger and at the same time it also has really comfortable seats that are a little curved at the vertical edges. This makes room for three people in the backseat of the car.
Further the performance of Nissan Altima is one thing that makes it stand out of the crowd and in terms of utility; the Altima comes across as a winner.
- The car is very easy to handle which makes it easy for anyone to drive it. For these reasons this car becomes a versatile machine in terms of utility.
- The Nissan Altima also has a wonderful system inside and all the controls for the driver have been designed in the most ergonomic ways possible.
- The Altima has an ultimate level of comfort for every seat.
- You cannot expect the car to go like a bullet. Other words, in terms of velocity and acceleration, the Altima goes a little on the back foot.
- The car has a four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 2.5 L. This makes the car pretty powerful.
- The horsepower rating of the Nissan Altima is 170 HP.
- According to Nissan, the car is designed to give a mileage of 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
Jeep is one of the best companies in the field of automobiles mainly because of the very sturdy cars that it brings to its customers. Designing better cars with time that can be exceedingly awesome for off-road purposes has been the identity of Jeep and so, if you have begun thinking that this car has some attributes like that which aren’t exactly something you are looking for in a family car, the Jeep Compass has an element of surprise for you – the car is made entirely for street purposes.
The size of the car has been made compact in order to make it suitable for the urban roads and at the same time, the inside of the car is still fairly big. The car is also a winner in terms of aesthetics and manages to turn heads.
- The Jeep Compass has a very good manoeuvrability which makes it one of the best cars in its class.
- Further this car is very easy to tame and can be handled pretty easily on the road.
- The Jeep Compass also comes with a great durability which is one of the major reasons why it is a great favourite of the people.
- The cargo room inside the car is very small which makes it a bit of a bad choice.
- The Jeep Compass has a very bad pick-up. The low acceleration of the car is one of the things about the car that make it undesirable.
- The car comes with a powerful 2.0 L engine.
- This car is also equipped with electronic stability control.
When Toyota launched the Yaris, the car had managed to arrest the attention of many because of its wonderful aesthetic features and the many controls that it had on the inside. The car is has been especially designed to meet the requirements of driving in fog and has some added features for the same. The look of the Yaris is one of the most elevating things about it.
In all its glory, this car has the sleekest and perfect curves that make it all the more desirable. The car comes with steering wheel mounted audio controls that let you keep the music in the car just the way you want without even having to look at the music player. The car also dons a 6-way adjustable driver’s seat which makes it a very comfortable car.
- The Yaris is made for comfort and therefore it is very suitable for long journeys. The seats in the car have been so designed that you do not feel fatigue from having to sit in one place at any point.
- This car is a perfect pick for people who have a thing for gadgets because the Yaris comes loaded with many of them!
- One of the problems with the Yaris is that the car does not offer much protection to the passengers inside.
- Another problem with this model of Yaris is the fact that it is very backward and looks old-fashioned in comparison to the version that succeeded it.
- The car comes with 5-door system.
- The Yaris also has a very good 60-40 split which makes it an optimum car.
Hyundai has been phenomenal in bringing about some of the best sedans to the world and the company continues to do so. Some of the cars manufactured by Hyundai have a great class about them and the Elantra is nothing different.
The 2008 version of this car has a lot of room inside which makes it easy for you to travel with your friends or family without feeling the least of inconvenience.
Although the looks of the car are not very awesome and they don’t exactly arrest attention, the Elantra balances it all with the level of comfort that it offers to the user. The trunk capacity of the car is also pretty large and can carry a lot of things in one go. Further the passenger seats in this car raise the bar and make it all the more awesome.
No list of the best used cars under 5000 dollars can be complete without a Hyundai marvel. Hyundai is one such brand which has captivated audiences and driving enthusiasts across the globe thanks to its impeccable comfort levels, unparalleled security norms and a drive smoothness to die for. And this Hyundai Elantra is no different!
- Comfort is one of the foremost wonderful things about the Elantra. The car is very comfortable and makes it easy for you to have long journeys without any kind of fatigue at all.
- The car has some very excellent safety features which make it the right pick.
- The Elantra packs more than most of the four door sedans in its segment which is another good thing about the car.
- If you are looking for speed under your hood, this car will disappoint you. The pickup of this car is not impressive at all.
- The car has a powerful 2.0 L engine.
- It has a 5-speed manual transmission.
Nissan is very famous for packing a lot in its cars for a lot less and has kept up that reputation with the Sentra. This car may look a little less attractive and may not be a match for aesthetically wonderful cars from the same segments.
However the car manages to elevate its worth with its interiors. It is generally said that a book shouldn’t be judged by its cover and that holds very true for the Sentra, because on the inside, the car is a thing of utmost joy.
The comfort offered by the Sentra is also very good and it is therefore a great pick if you often go for ling road-trips. The exteriors of the car are also not very unattractive and the superb stylish, modern features about the car are likely to win your heart.
- The class comes across as sub-compact in classification which is why it happens to be a very optimum family car which you can drive on all occasions.
- In terms of safety, the Sentra is one of the best cars manufactured by Nissan.
- Since the curb weight of the car is less in comparison to other cars of the same segment, you can rest assured that the Sentra will give you the highest mileage per gallon.
- The looks of the Sentra are not very appealing.
- The car has a variable automatic transmission but for those who want a manual control, the car also comes in that variant.
- With a top speed of 120 mph, the Sentra is good in terms of velocity as well.
Last but not the least on this list of top cars under 5k dollars is the Subaru Impreza, a driver’s delight.
If you are looking for a car with superb performance over everything else, the Subaru Impreza will impress you to a great extent. This car has some of the most appealing and extraordinary looks, however, it is not just the looks and the aesthetic features of the car that matter, the Impreza also has a very excellent performance in comparison to other cars from the same segment.
One of the most important reasons that make the Impreza a winner is the fact that the car has better features than most of the cars in the market today. The car also has a lot of modern safety features which again makes it the perfect pick for you. In terms of durability and reliability, the Impreza is again very impressive. The car is sturdy and can fare well even in adverse driving conditions.
- The design of the Impreza is one of its most charismatic features. The car is pretty aerodynamic and has less chances of turning over even in high-speed, tumbling conditions.
- In comparison with most of the modern cars, the Subaru Impreza is far superior in terms of safety.
- The car comes with a turbo-charged cylinder which gives more power to your machine.
- The maintenance of the car can go over to the higher side.
- The engine of the car has a capacity of 2.5 L.
- Further this car also has a very powerful torque of about 244 pound-feet.
- The engine provides you with a horsepower of 265 HP which is quite a lot.
Do you think we’ve missed out on a particular car edition?
So here is our list of some of the best cars you can get under $5000. What do you think? On this list of 2016 cars under 5000 dollars, if you think we’ve missed out on a particular used car edition out there which definitely deserves to be amongst the top 10, do let us know in the comments below and we will be happy to consider your suggestions.