Get everything you need from a budget car.
Settling for a used car doesn’t mean that you would need to compromise on all those factors that you’ve always needed in a car. Given the highly contested used car market of today, one would often feel spoilt for choice and the repertoire of options available is immense.
Here’s our list of the best cars under $5000:
#10. 2005 Honda Insight
Honda launched the Insight with a rather different look which received mixed responses. The best thing about the car is this very look that may either repel you at the first sight of it or it may attract you a lot. This is a good thing because if you love such an unconventional look, you’re going to fall in love with it over time.
The Insight has been designed to suit the needs of the working class and for this reason the company has given a lot of thought to the car’s engine efficiency. The Insight is very good in terms of performance and if you are one of those travelers` who like to go about places while riding slowly in pride, the Insight is what you want.
- The car has an excellent fuel efficiency rate. This means the fuel consumed by this car has the maximum output and you can go for longer distances with the same amount of fuel in comparison to another car in this segment.
- Right when you were wondering if it could get any better, Honda has nailed it by designing the car as a hybrid form of gasoline and electric engine. This adds to its efficiency.
- The only thing that you cannot expect from the Insight is speed. The car has a very bad pickup and therefore if you are looking for a speeding machine in your garage, the Insight will disappoint you.
- Further the shape of the car’s body is very different and it kind of opposes aerodynamics thus hampering the speed to greater magnitude.
- The Honda Insight has a mileage of 56 mpg on highways and 57 mpg inside the city.
Honda is phenomenal with its cars and designs each automobile differently to meet the requirements of different people of different classes. The Odyssey is a very excellent example of that. This car is almost a minivan and is very suitable for those who have comparatively larger families or those who have to commute a lot with a lot of things to carry.
The best part about the odyssey is that it is very affordable and it is very durable. This means, even if it is a rough day on the road, you can completely rely on this car and it will take you to your destination without any problem at all.
- The car has a whooping towing capacity of over 3500 which is hard to find in any other car of the segment.
- The Honda Odyssey has a very large cargo space of about 147 cubic feet, a reason why it becomes the perfect choice if you want to carry around a lot of things or go with a whole lot of your picnic stuff.
- The car is also very affordable and has a very good reputation in terms of durability, reliability and is pretty tough.
- The car is very spacious on the inside.
- One of the problems of the Odyssey is its mileage which is very, very low. The car offers a mileage of 17mpg in the city and 23 mpg on the highway.
- The Odyssey has a six cylinder 3.5 L engine.
- The car is very powerful for all the purposes and dons a power of 244 HP.
The fact that it comes from the house of Dodge gives this car some extra edge just to begin with. Dodge is known for its durable and tough cars which is why you can rest assured that the Caliber has all the calibre to meet your needs and requirements.
If you are looking for a small family car, or just a hatchback that you can rely on all the time, the Caliber might just be your most appropriate choice. The car comes with a very excellent engine and the space inside the car is surprisingly huge for a hatchback.
No other car in the same segment may have a head-room and leg-room as good as that of the Dodge Caliber.
- The best thing about this car is the space it has. The four-door hatchback comes with an extraordinary amount of space on the inside. The cabin of the car is very spacious.
- Further another elevating point about this car is the fact that it almost makes no noise at all. The engine of the car is quiet and runs smoothly like butter.
- The car is also very comfortable which makes it very suitable for your family requirements.
- Although Dodge has made this car in the most extraordinary ways possible and although it has fared exceptionally well above the expectations of the customers, the car lacks some safety features which makes you rethink your choice.
- The car employs a four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 2.0 L.
- The car has a horsepower of a whooping 158 HP.
- The fuel efficiency of the car is also good.
The Toyota Corolla is one of the most excellent and efficient cars ever produced by the company. Toyota designed the Corolla to bring about a very optimum combination of luxury and utility and added the element of comfort in it. These things make Corolla one of the best sedans available in the markets and even if the car was launched 9 years ago, it still is a very good automobile by today’s standards.
The Corolla has a very good agility. This factor also imparts the car with an unprecedented level of elegance which is very desirable. The car is further pretty durable and it also has some of the most excellent safety features in it. For these reasons, Corolla is the perfect family car in the truest of senses.
- Toyota Corolla has a very great engine efficiency which makes it a winner in the first place. The engine efficiency makes it possible for you to get a greater output from the car per gallon of fuel.
- The car also has a very aerodynamic body because of which the pickup of the vehicle gets enhanced, thus giving you more power and speed.
- The car comes with some points that make it less desirable but they are not really major problems. The noise of the car’s engine can sometimes exceed a certain level.
- Further the Corolla is also a little uncomfortable to ride in on very long journeys.
- The car comes with a fuel efficiency rating of 32 mpg in the city and the number jumps to 41 mpg when the car hits the highway.
The fact that experts and dealers find it very difficult to get a used Nissan Altima from the owners speaks oceans about the performance and the awesomeness that the car has within it. The Altima was designed by Nissan to make the otherwise uncomfortable rides a little more comfortable for the passengers.
The car provides ample leg-room to the passenger and at the same time it also has really comfortable seats that are a little curved at the vertical edges. This makes room for three people in the backseat of the car.
Further the performance of Nissan Altima is one thing that makes it stand out of the crowd and in terms of utility; the Altima comes across as a winner.
- The car is very easy to handle which makes it easy for anyone to drive it. For these reasons this car becomes a versatile machine in terms of utility.
- The Nissan Altima also has a wonderful system inside and all the controls for the driver have been designed in the most ergonomic ways possible.
- The Altima has an ultimate level of comfort for every seat.
- You cannot expect the car to go like a bullet. Other words, in terms of velocity and acceleration, the Altima goes a little on the back foot.
- The car has a four-cylinder engine with a capacity of 2.5 L. This makes the car pretty powerful.
- The horsepower rating of the Nissan Altima is 170 HP.
- According to Nissan, the car is designed to give a mileage of 21 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
Jeep is one of the best companies in the field of automobiles mainly because of the very sturdy cars that it brings to its customers. Designing better cars with time that can be exceedingly awesome for off-road purposes has been the identity of Jeep and so, if you have begun thinking that this car has some attributes like that which aren’t exactly something you are looking for in a family car, the Jeep Compass has an element of surprise for you – the car is made entirely for street purposes.