A tablet is not just a gadget; it is a prized possession. Always remember to do your thorough research before you buy one, as you will often feel spoilt for choice whenever you explore the tablet market.
With new and upcoming brands taking over the market, you will get access to many exciting options like never before. This healthy competition is a win-win situation for all end customers which is just the icing on the cake.
You will be able to get hold of your favourite model loaded with attractive features, and that too at a lust-worthy price!
So here’s our list of the best tablets under $300 which are present in the market today.
Read on to know more about them, so that you can make an informed decision.
Top 10 Tablets Under 300 Dollars in buy in 2016
#10. Aconia A3-A20 Tab – Price $249.75
Acer, the pioneer of innovative and creative technology presents an amazing piece of technical wonder equipped with intricate features and an iconic look, to give away a world class experience to the user and thus, it is providing a beautiful product at a beautiful price.
- A big and stylish 10.1’ screen with an extraordinary output resolution of 1280*800 pixels.
- Comes along with a fast processing system equipped with a 1GB DDR3 ram.
- It is really light weight relative to its big screen with a mere weight of 0.3 ounces.
- Equipped with Android Kitkat, and gives you an exhilarating android experience.
- Supports USB and wireless connections, thus making your work faster and easier.
- Supports all kinds of applications and provides a butter-like interface for a great experience.
- The tab is 2.3 inches thick, thus making it a little less portable.
- The battery life is only 8 hours and thus, might pose a problem during long journeys.
- Runs on Android 4.4 along with a AMD processor band
- Has a big screen of 7.4*11 inches.
- Has 16 GB Flash memory.
- Runs on the quad-core MediaTek MT8127 processor, thus making it very efficient.
- Has a great camera on the rear surface with 8 MP resolution
- Brings your experience to life with the Integrated IPS technology in the display.
- Enjoy your own movie theatre with a great and crystal clear HDMI Screen.
#9. Apple iPad Mini 2 – Price $238.98
The ruler of technology, Apple, has come up with yet another miracle added to their urbane series of the iPad’s. The Apple iPad Mini 2 is here for the taking. Provided with intricate and mesmerizing features, this device is surely going to take your breath away.
- It comes from the most trusted of companies, Apple, in the market.
- Comes with a crystal clear and extra sharp retina display.
- With an amazingly fast interface, the iPad Mini comes with a 1 GB DDR2 RAM.
- It supports the latest IOS 7 Operating System, thus supporting all your necessary apps and software with utmost ease and efficiency.
- Is available in a very attractive silver colour which radiates an amazing vibe.
- It has 10 hours of battery backup, which is lesser than other products in this category.
- The camera has a resolution of only 5 MP, jeopardizing the quality of pictures.
- It has an amazing screen size of 7.9*5.3 inches.
- The excellent resolution of 2048*1536 inches is far more amazing than any other product in this category.
- The fast processing speed of 1.3 GHz makes this iPad worthwhile for office work.
- With extremely small thickness of 0.3 inches, the product is indeed made for your pocket.
- With a big storage space of 16 GB data, the product provides the customer an efficient way of storing data and working without running out of space.
- It has 2 USB ports, thus making it universally usable and connectable to all types of computers.
#8. Dell Venue 8 7840 – Price $299.00
Presenting the solution to all your tablet, laptop and mobile requirements, with everything amalgamated into a single piece of magic called the Venue Tablet. This tablet has taken the market by storm with phenomenal features and has extraordinary specifications.
- It runs on the superfast Intel Atom Processor that gives you an intensely amazing and fast experience along with the trust of Intel.
- An 8.4 inch screen along with the QHD features gives it one of the most elegant visuals in the entire tablet industry.
- Running on the latest Android Lollipop, Dell Venue solves all your problems of synchronisation among different software versions.
- With a sleek and slim black body, and elegant touches and make up, this product radiates a serene vibe.
- The average battery life is only 8 hours, thus limiting it to indoor use.
- The tablet is quite heavy with an exorbitant weight of 10.7 ounces.
- The tablet has a 2 GB DDR3 Ram, thus giving you a buttery smooth interface.
- With a huge internal memory of 32 GB, all your data can now be stored in a single device without the hassle of buying an SD Card.
- With an extremely low thickness of 0.2 inches, the product is very portable and easy to hold.
#7. Samsung Galaxy Tab A – Price $299
Another amazing product in the famous galaxy tab series of Samsung, the Tab A is bound to break records and shake the market with its unique features thrown into the mix with astonishing specifications and an amazing price. The product is indeed, one to go for.
- The product comes with a stunning and sleek design, made in a very efficient manner to incorporate a very large screen size of 9.7 inches.
- It runs on the incredibly fast and super simple quad core processor along with a 1.3 GHz processing speed.
- The product has 4 processors aligned with 2 Li-on batteries making it highly complex from inside, but wonderfully elegant and fast from outside.
- The delicious Smoky Titanium colour provides it with a mesmerizing vibe that catches the eye of one and all.
- The sleek design comes along with a thickness of just 0.3 inches, making it slim and thus, easy to hold and handle.
- The two way battery system can pose problems in operations.
- The Tab is really heavy with a weight of 15.8 ounces.
- The screen resolution is only 1024*768 inches, making it good, but not amazing.
- Runs on the latest android lollipop version, thus complying with all your needs for speed and efficiency.
- Has 16 GB internal memory which is expandable to a whopping 128 GB with an SD Card.
- It runs on the quad core processor, thus making it extremely fast.
- Comes with a Kid mode which ensures a fun and secure place for kids to enjoy.
#6. ASUS MeMO Pad FHD 10 ME302C-A1-BL 10.1-Inch Tablet – Price $225.49
ASUS is one of the leading brands in the world of electronics, and it has a very good reason for being so. ASUS has been offering the world some of the best gadgets with cutting edge technology, and has been able to impress the modern consumer in an unprecedented manner. The company continues to spread its charm with its MEMO Pad FHD 10 which is something to look out for. When it comes to good tablets under 300 dollars, this Asus Memopad fits right in.
- The tablet has a large display of 10.1 inches which means, it is almost about a foot wide.
- It has a ROM of 16 GB which is quite sufficient for you to store your data.
- This fast gadget also comes with a RAM of 2 GB which makes its functioning butter smooth.
- Mobility has been considered seriously while designing this tablet because of which, it has a weight of only 1.3 pounds.
- The battery of the tablet is made up of Lithium ion which makes it heat-proof.
- The average battery life of the device is only 8 hours which means, it isn’t very useful for long hours of work or play outdoors.
- The tablet runs on the Jelly Bean version of Android which has become pretty old now.
- Camera resolution of the tablet is only 4 MP which is pretty less.
- The screen resolution of the tablet is 1920 x 1200 pixels.
- The rotational speed of the tablet’s hard drive is 5400 RPM.
#5. Lenovo IdeaTab A10-70 10-Inch 32 GB Tablet – Price $229.99
Chinese mobile phone giant Lenovo has been very instrumental in bringing the world some of the most excellent smartphones and tablets over the past few years. In fact, the company has surged in the mobile phone market very recently, and considering the competition from the conventional mobile phone manufacturers, this rise of Lenovo speaks a lot about its quality. Keeping up with this reputation, the company has now brought to you another wonderful device in the form of the Lenovo Idea Tab which can take your multi-tasking to a completely new level.
- The display of this tablet is 10 inches which is quite large compared to the conventional size of tablets.
- The processor of the IdeaTab works at a speed of 1.3 GHz which is quite large.
- The weight of the device is 1.2 pounds which makes it very light, and therefore very easy to carry around.
- This device comes with Dolby enhanced front speakers which means you can watch movies or videos on the tablet with great sound clarity,
- The IdeaPad also comes with a memory of 32 GB which is large enough to store almost all of your important files.
- The tablet has a very poor RAM of 1 GB which makes it difficult to use.
- Battery life of the device is of 9 hours which means, on a long day outdoors, your tablet is likely to be drained of its energy.
- The camera has a power of 5 MP which is not a lot, considering the other tablets in the market.
- Lithium ion battery which is heat-proof.
- USB 2.0 enabled.
- The Wi-Fi has a bandwidth of 802.11bgn which is the best in its class.
#4. Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 Series 32GB Windows Tablet – Price $249.00
With an impressive operating system, Dell Venue 8 Pro 3000 Series 32GB Windows Tablet is liked by all because of its stupendous features that distinguish it from the rest. You can use this tablet anywhere because it is thin, extremely lightweight and simple to use. Buy one today itself and experience the magic!
- The device is just impeccable for use.
- It is lightweight and easy to handle.
- The UI is really cool and suits the new generation’s demands.
- Simple to focus and can be used anywhere.
- Good for children, easily adaptable and games played on this device is sheer fun.
- It can work for a long time without draining its battery.
- Sharing screen is easy now with this tablet
- The pictures and snapshots are of high quality with a camera of front 2 MP and primary 5MP. Now call anyone, and share emotions over Skype anytime anywhere.
- It delivers high performance compared to other devices.
- Has lots of pre embedded applications.
- Equipped with endless power.
- The speakers are not up to the mark
- Various other tablets are available at a similar price point.
- It has no HDMI output.
- Not exactly high definition picture quality.
- It has a wide screen size of 8 inches
- An operating system of windows 8.1
- Compatible screen resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- It has an atom Z3735G processor of 1.83 GHz
- RAM of 1 GB and a memory speed of 1600 MHz
- The device has an outstanding hard drive of 32 GB eMMC with chipset brand of Intel and Bluetooth facilities.
- It has a battery life of 3 hours minimum.
- Weighs around 1.2 pounds
- Its dimensions are 9 x 9.6 x 6.3 inches
- Available in a single black colour.
- It has a rear webcam resolution of 5 MP.
#3. Microsoft Surface 2 64GB 10.6″ Tablet –PRICE – $229.99
This lightweight device at a price of $229.99 comes with features like Microsoft 2013 which enables the device to work smoothly whether it is a power point presentation, Microsoft word, Microsoft excel or Microsoft access. You get everything packed and bundled in a single device.
- The Surface 2 has proved itself to be stronger than its competitors.
- The processor is always ready. Whenever you need, it serves with excellence.
- It has a superb battery life of 10 hours, which is more than enough!
- The box has a screen guard too.
- The device has a sensitive touch. So, no more finger-pressing on hard screen devices.
- Other smartphones in this range offer more than this tablet.
- Only a single colour is offered.
- It still lags behind when it comes to applications.
- Old programs that usually work in computers supporting vista and XP, will not run on this device.
- This tablet is thicker than previous devices.
- The tablet has a screen size of 10.6 inches
- It exhibits a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080
- It has an inbuilt hard drive of 64 GB
- Wireless features of 11bgn, 802.11A, and Bluetooth.
- It has an operating system of windows RT 8.1
- The tablet weighs around 1.5 pounds
- The dimensions of the tablet is 8 x 0.3 x 6.8 inches
- It is available in a single shade, silver with a red coloured keyboard.
#2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 4- PRICE- $269.99
Upgrade your tablet now with Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 at a price of $269.99 which will serve your needs and is within your budget as well. As reviewed by customers, this tablet is versatile to use and has an easy interface. Buy one for yourself now. No list of great tablets for 300 USD can be complete without this Samsung edition.
- The hard disk size of this device with 16 GB is an exceptional feature.
- Superb front and back camera suitable for use in all dark places as well.
- You can share this tablet with the help of multi-user mode.
- You can change the interface for a kid, which will make the screen colourful and easy to use.
- IR blaster mode for universal applications.
- The device is lightweight and extremely portable.
- Multitasking is easy now with the help of this tablet.
- You can add up to 64 GB with the existing one.
- The screen resolution of this device is weaker than others.
- The speakers need upgrading.
- Samsung Galaxy comes with a screen size of 8 inches
- Its screen resolution is 1280 x 800
- It has a Snapdragon processor of 2 GHz S5
- It has a RAM of 1.5 GB DDR3 and hard drive of 16 GB.
- Comes with only 1 USB port and battery life of 5 hours.
- Supports android 4.4
- The device weighs almost 11 ounces and measures 5 x 1.8 x 5.2 inches
- Available in a single colour – white
- The processor brand is Qualcomm
- Equipped with 16 GB flash memory and the only source of power is the battery of 1 lithium ion.
#1. Asus Nexus 7 Tablet – Price $298.99
The Asus Nexus tab 7 with innumerable features has grabbed all 5 stars in its favour. Well, it is only because the tablet has improved much more than it was expected. The key features of the tab encourage the user to put this tablet at the forefront of the shopping list. The applications get downloaded easily now, and the reduction of the thickness and the weight of the tablet is noticeable. Because of the features, this tablet occupies the top rank on the list.
- It is a well improved product.
- The device has a stunning screen with an awesome user interface.
- The rubber coating is not satisfactory.
- The games available are not up to date.
- Nexus tab 7 doesn’t support a SD card slot.
- The device has a screen size of 7 inches and resolution of 1920 x 1200
- It has a snapdragon processor of 1.5 GHz and supports a RAM of 32 GB.
- It comes with a graphics co processor of Adreno 320
- The number of ports in the device is 1, and the tablet works smoothly for at least 10 hours.
- It performs on a platform of Linux, whereas the operating system of this device is android 4.3
- The tablet weighs 10.2 ounces and has dimensions of 9 x 4.5 x 0.3 inches
- The device is available in black colour and sports a 5MP camera
- The processor brand is QUALCOMM with a count of 4, and the tablet has a capacity of 32GB
- The battery works on a voltage of 5.2
- Equipped with a Serial ATA hard disk interface and includes a lithium battery.
Higher Budget? Best Tablets Under $500
Which Tab Suits You The Best?
Hope our list will suffice whenever you go on your next gadget shopping spree.
Do weigh your options before you make a decision as this gadget will stick with you for a better part of at least 3 years.
Do you think we missed out on something with this list of top tablets under 300 dollars?
If you think there’s a deserving tablet which should be on this list, do let us know and we will be happy to hear you out.