There is no denying that smartphones have changed the world around us primarily because these have become much more affordable, owing to advancement in technology and a huge increase in volumes of production.
In a space which was radicalized for the first time by Indian giant Micromax, we have seen a flurry of budget smartphones from Chinese and Korean players fighting for the crown. And whatever one might say, the price war created due to this stiff competition has really benefitted the buyers.
With companies now looking towards non-conventional sources of revenue like advertising and economies-of-scale to keep costs down, smartphones have become smarter and more affordable than ever before. This will be clearly evident from this list of the best mobiles under 30000 rupees.
But with so many options in the market, it has become quite a task to identify the phone that suits your need best. With companies throwing higher numerical parameters ranging from processor, RAM to camera sensor and screen size, one most often forgets that it is the whole package which matters the most.
Here is where we come to help. And here is the list of the best mobile phones below 30000 rupees:
Samsung Galaxy A8 – Price INR 25,990
Samsung is the leader of smartphones in the world of android. This Samsung galaxy A8 is one of the premium looking phones in the A series by them; the A series is defined by its classy metal body. This ultra slim phone is one of the best selling phones currently in the market.
- The phone can be gripped very well due to the sleek design, and it looks really stylish.
- Has a 16MP rear camera which comes with HDR function with a whooping 5MP front camera
- Provides hybrid slim slot which gives you the option of extendable memory or you can add another SIM.
- Comes with fingerprint scanner for enhanced security option
- It packs a super AMOLED screen which provides great viewing angles with really crisp and clear image.
- It doesn’t support NFC technology.
- Lacks LED notification feature.
- The phone has a non removable battery which doesn’t let you to change battery in case your old one turns bad.
- It runs on Android lollipop version 5.1
- The phone uses Snapdragon 615 octa core processor for high speed processing.
- Adreno 405 is the GPU used in the phone.
- The screen resolution is 1080 x 1920.
- It can record video in 1080p resolution at a maximum of 30 frames per second.
- It is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled with 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- It has an internal memory of 32GB and a RAM of 2GB.
- The battery is a good 3050mAh to help you last a full day.
Sony Xperia M5 – Price INR 24,999
Sony has come up with their latest product in design and features in the form of M5. After the M4 aqua, this is next in line. The phone has a nice over all build quality and really packs a punch in the features department at the price at which is launched.
- It records video in 4K which gives it an edge over the other phones in the same price range.
- The 21.5 MP camera is a stunner, it captures great detail and has good image quality.
- The viewing angles are amazing with high maximum brightness and also great colour rendition.
- The phone is water proof as well as dust resistant and is IP68 certified.
- The lack of ability to remove the battery is a minus point.
- The speaker is not up to par with what is available in the market.
- The IPS 5 inch LCD screen has 16M-color and also a resolution of 1080×1920.
- The screen is scratch resistant and has 441 pixel per inch display density.
- It runs on android version 5.0
- It has a 2GHz octa core processor from Mediatek.
- It has a huge 13MP front facing camera which can record at 1080p at 30 frames per second
- The battery is of 2600mAh
- It supports dual SIM.
- The phone weighs 142.5gms.
- The phone dimensions are 45 x 72 x 7.6 mm
- It supports Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity
- It has an internal memory of 16GB whereas it has a powerful 3GB RAM.
LG G3 D855 – Price INR 25,599
BUY NOW ON AMAZON[/btn
LG has stepped up their game in the world of smartphones, and they have impressed everyone with their new design and features. LG G3 D855 is such new edition added to the line up of new smartphones being launched by LG. The LG G3 looks ravishing and promises to be an amazing smart phone.
- The display is sharp and clear with ultra wide viewing angles.
- The speaker output is good.
- It has one of the best camera in the market with HDR feature.
- It gives you a great battery life.
- It has a good processing unit.
- It has low benchmark scores.
- The phone doesn’t feel like a premium phone due to its light weight chassis.
- The phone has a 5.5inch HD-IPS and LCD touch screenn which has a resolution of 1440×2560 pixels
- It has a pixel density of 538ppi
- The phone is made robust with corning gorilla 3 glass.
- the phone runs on android version 4.4.2 i.e. Kitkat which is upgradable to android version 6.0
- The phone features a 13MP back camera with aperture f/2.4 with a modest front camera of 2.1MP
- It has a 3.5mm jack.
- It packs various sensors like Accelerometer, gyro, proximity.
- The Li-Ion removable battery is of 3000mAh
- It weighs just 150gms and the phone dimensions are 5.76 x 2.94 x 0.35 in
- The chipset which is used is Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 with adreno 330 GPU.
- It has an external memory card slot to increase its internal memory of 32GB.
- The phone has a RAM of 3GB.
HTC One Me – Price INR 29,599
The HTC fire which is growing in India rapidly is fuelled by the HTC One ME which aims to bring high class phones to consumers at relatively less price tags. The HTC One ME is a nice mix of things coming from the giant smart phone makers HTC.
- The display colours are nice with excellent outdoor visibility.
- The touch is highly sensitive which allows you to easily use your phone.
- The Boomsound speakers as usual do a great job and give us great audio output.
- Nice detail is there in the images clicked by the camera.
- The phone has a fingerprint scanner to increase protection.
- It is loaded with dual SIM.
- The design looks great.
- The battery life is not that good.
- There are performance issues and lags while gaming and multi tasking.
- The phone has 5.2inch capacitive touch screen, which has a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, the screen supports multi touch.
- Android version 5.0.2 is the operating system on which the phone runs.
- It has a Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10 chipset.
- The processor is octa core Cortex A-53 which runs at 2.2Ghz. In addition to this, it also has a graphic processing unit – PowerVR G6200
- It has a huge internal memory of 32GB which is expandable up to 200GB with the help of external memory card.
- The front camera is of 4MP while the rear camera is of 20MP which can record videos at 2160p at 30 frames per second.
- It has non removable battery of 2840mAH.
LG Nexus 5X LG-H791 – Price INR 26,399
The Nexus 5X is co-designed by LG and Google and caters to the mid range segment. It is lower priced than the premium category Nexus 6. Nexus 5X gives users the benefit of both, the Google design and an android software experience. This is why it rightfully sits in this list of the best android phones below 30000 rupees.
- Fingerprint sensors, proximity sensors
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow enables faster updates
- Camera with low light shooting feature
- Better battery life with 17 hours of talk time on 3G network
- 4K video recording
- Better selfies with the 5MP camera
- Bigger screen
- Mobile payments through Android Pay
- 2GB RAM – could have been more
- No OIS
- No wireless charging option
- No card slot
- Limited storage options
- Technology- GSM/LTE/HSPA/CDMA
- Screen -52” (132 centimetres) touch screen with 16M colours and 1080p resolution at 423 ppi pixel density Corning Gorilla Glass 3 screen with smudge resistant oleophobic coating
- Weight- 136 gm
- SIM – Nano SIM
- Operating system- Android 60 Marshmallow
- Chipset- Snapdragon 808 Qualcomm MSM8992
- Processor- Dual-core Cortex-A57 at 182Ghz + quad-core Cortex-A53 at 144GHz with Adreno 418 GPU
- Dimensions- 154 x 1 x 76 cm
- Memory- 16GB ;2 GB of RAM
- Camera: 123MP camera with laser autofocus and dual-LED flash; 155µm pixels; 5MP selfie camera with 2160p video capture
- Wireless & Connection- Cat 6 LTE (300Mbps), Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n/ac ,Bluetooth 4 GPS/GLONASS;NFC
- USB Type-C ;port with USB host
- Battery- 2,700mAh Li-Po battery
- Colours – Carbon, Quartz and Ice
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Price INR 28000
Sony Xperia Z3 was launched shortly after Z2, and perfectly addresses all the issues users faced with its predecessor. With curvy edges and a slimmer profile, the Z3 is surely not to be missed.
- Stylish panel design with dual glass
- Compatible LTE bands
- Faster CPU
- Wider audio support format
- Secondary microphone allows noise cancellation
- Power Saving Mode
- Dust and water proof – IP68 certified for over 15 meter and up to 30 minutes
- Expandable memory with the micro SD card slot
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, barometer and compass
- Document viewer/photo viewer
- Faster battery charging
- Multitouch – Up to 10 fingers
- Slightly larger than other competitive devices
- Non replaceable battery as it is inbuilt
- Network- GSM/LTE/HSPA
- Dimensions- 575*283*029 inches
- Weight – 152 gm
- SIM – Nano SIM
- Screen – 52 inches LCD touch screen with scratch resistant glass and oleophobic coating
- Operating Software : Android OS, v444 (Kitkat), v502 (Lollipop)
- Chipset – Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801; CPU- Quad-core 25 GHz Krait 400; GPU- Adreno 330
- Memory: 16/32 GB with 3GB RAM
- Camera: 207 MP with LED flash; face detection, panorama, HDR and 2160 p video recording
- Front facing camera: 22MP with 2160p video recording
- Sound: MP3, WAV ringtones
- Connection: WLAN-Wi-Fi 80211 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, hotspot; Bluetooth- v40, A2DP, apt-X
- Browser – HTML 5
- Battery: Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery
- Colours – Copper, White, Black, Sliver green & Purple
Sony Xperia Z2 – Price INR 26,399
From the flagship series of Sony, Xperia Z2 made its way to mobile segment as one of the best camera phones and, it still holds the same title against many of its rivals. It was also in limelight as the waterproof smartphone title.
- It flaunts a 20.7MP camera that features a 30% larger sensor than any other device.
- With the sharp and crisp clicking, you can also record Full HD 4K videos with Sony Xperia Z2.
- The smartphone holds a display of 13.7cm full HD LED that according to Sony, is world’s first Live Colour display.
- This device is a decent performer with a powerful processor and a big 3GB RAM.
- Its waterproofing system is an added advantage over many devices.
- Despite being such an impeccable performer, it is still a pricey buy for these features at this range.
- The ‘Selfie’ trend is quite popular nowadays, and Sony has not given that much to its front side with just a 2.2MP shooter.
- Users have also complained for it being uncomfortable to hold because of its big design.
- The biggest drawback in this phone is the missing 4G LTE network which is widely spreading its wings in India.
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon
- Ram: 3GB
- Memory: 16GB internal and expendable up to 128GB through microSD
- Display: 5.2 inches, multi-touch full HD capacitive display.
- OS: Android v4.4 KitKat (v5.0 Lollipop upgrade available)
- Camera: 20.7MP rear and 2.2MP front
- Networks: 2G and 3G supporting
- Battery: 3200mAH battery claimed for 15 hours talk-time on 2G and 19 hours on 3G whereas 690 hours and 740 hours standby on 2G and 3G respectively
- Special features: Waterproof and scratch resistant with 1 year warranty on handset and 6 months warranty on in-box accessories
HTC Desire Eye – Price INR 27,990
The first thing that makes this eye catching device from HTC a favourite of selfie lovers is its 13MP front facing auto focus HDR shooter. You can’t ask for more. Its rear lens is also of 13MP and the phone has dual LED flash. Another feature that HTC Desire Eye holds in its bag is the quick charge support.
- Brilliant front camera ideal for taking selfies
- Dual LED flash
- Gets charged quickly
- It sports a 5.2 inches full HD capacitive super LCD 3 touch screenn and the design of the phone is mesmerizing to eyes.
- It has a 2.3GHz quad core processor
- Comes equipped with Aderno 330 supporting the display graphics, which means gamers are surely going to be impressed.
- At this price segment, its features are not enough to attract customers.
- The rear shooter performs very badly when used under low lights.
- Battery life is not that good
- Where many devices in low budget are flaunting 3GB of RAM, this smartphone is again limited to 2GB.
- Processor: 2.3GHz Krait 400 quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801
- Ram: 2GB
- Memory: 16GB internal and expendable up to 128GB through microSD
- Display: 5.2 inches, multi-touch full HD capacitive display.
- OS: Android v4.4 Kitkat
- Camera: 13MP rear and 13MP front
- Networks: 2G, 3G and 4G LTE support
- Battery: 2400mAH battery claimed for 20 hours talk-time on 3G whereas 538 hours standby time.
- Special features: 1 year warranty on handset and 6 months warranty on in-box accessories
Huawei Honor 6 Plus – Price INR 26,499
For the given price tag, Huawei Honor 6 Plus is a phone to be reckoned with. The processor, combined with the android and the camera that could compete and win against any other phone is what makes the Honor 6 plus tick.
This list of the top android under 30000 rupees in India just wouldn’t have been complete without this Huawei classic!
- The phone has a dual back camera of 8MP, each allowing pictures to be captured in the lowest lights
- The camera comes with a resolution of over 13 million pixels and an auto focus of 0.1 seconds.
- The Honor 6 plus has two quad core processors which ensures maximum speed and ease of use
- It comes with a 3GB RAM which enables a super fast performance.
- Battery life is a bit less in full capabilities.
- Camera quality could have been better
- Rear Camera: Presence of Dual rear cameras – both numbered at 8 MP, Camera in the front: 8 MP
- Connectivity: 4G, 3G, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Bluetooth v4, A-GPS, the all important Maps by Google, Wi-Fi – 802.11 edition b/g/n, USB Connectivity through the micro edition, which is compatible with OTG.
- Warranty: 15 months manufacturer warranty for phone and 6 months for Battery and 3 months for Data cable/Charger
- Dimensions: 7.5 x 15.04 x 0.75 cm, 165 grams
- Supports Full HD display capable of handling 1920x1080p, IPS LCD display, 5.5 inches size
- Battery: Talktime is somewhere around 30 hours on a 2G enabled connection, 23 hours with a 3G one and it showcases an impressive standby time of 636 hours and 690 hours on 2G and 3G connections respectively.
- Memory: Comes with a high powered RAM supporting 3 GB
- Octa Core processor
Apple iPhone 5s – Price INR 27,399
As they say, you ought to save the best for the last. The less we talk about the magical Apple iPhone 5s, the better it will be. This is one phone which needs no introduction. The Apple phone series which has captivated millions across the globe has come up with another marvel in this iPhone 5s, which gives the users exactly what they need – a smartphone they can take pride in.
- 8 MP camera comes equipped with auto focus and enabled with geo tagging and face detection.
- Illumination sensor present with the front cam
- Impressive storage space of 32 GB
- Best-in-market battery life
- Coming from a brand like Apple, it gives you a sense of sophistication
- Top quality sound
- High speed processor
- Doesn’t hang during dire circumstances
- Fingerprint sensor
- Can only transfer data through iTunes
- Can’t use the traditional Bluetooth facility with non Apple devices
- Back-panel is not at all easy to remove
- Expensive maintenance and repairs
- 1 GB RAM
- 113 grams in weight
- Touch screen interface
- iOS operating system
- Talktime of the device is 10 hours
- Standby time of the phone is close to 250 hours
- Comes with earpods
- Dimensions of the product – 12.4×0.8x 5.9 cm
We hope that the above mentioned list of the best mobile phones under 30000 rupees, will suffice next time you go mobile shopping.
Now that you know the gist, which side are you on?