Laptops are one of the largest sold electronic items all over the world, and are used to meet the day to day needs of students, businessmen and other professionals. Laptops are majorly used for storage and documentation purposes, and also used for design purposes in the manufacturing field.
With the current trends of everything going into a digital format and desktops reaching a stage of extinction, laptops are facing a high demand. Since many are opting for this novel technology, it is important to know how to choose the best products from the market.
It is an obvious fact that, all of us wish to acquire the best in a price range that we can afford, and hence targeting a nominal range of 500 to 600 USD; let’s look at some of the best laptops under 600 dollars which you can get your hands on.
Evaluating the popularity, specifications, and features and also keeping the price range in view, here’s a list you can consult before buying.
Dell Inspiron i5559 15.6 inch– 569.99 USD
Dell Inc. is an American company which has been in business for the past 32 years, and is named after Michael Dell. It famously deals with computers, smartphones, servers, etc. It makes over 59 billion USD in revenue and has its headquarters in Texas. Released by Dell in the Inspiron series is the Dell Inspiron i5559-4415SLV which makes it to the list of great laptop for 600 USD. Let’s have a closer look at it.
The i5559 comes with a 2.5 GHz i5 processor from Intel and has a solid 8 GB RAM which can be upgraded to a 16 GB RAM as well. It also comes with a vast storage of 1 TB HDD. It has a touch style interference with RealSense. The 15.6 inch HD display which has a resolution of 1366 x 786 pixels is sure to give you an amazing viewing experience. By default it comes with a Windows 10 Operating System and has an integrated graphics card. It has 3 USB ports, of which two are USB 2.0 and one is USB 3.0 port. It weighs an approximate of 5.4 pounds and needs a 220 volt supply of power. It also comes with a 40 WHr battery.
- A rigid build quality.
- Let’s your fingers work with ease on the keyboard.
- Decent battery life.
- Fluent design.
- Display resolution seems low.
- The screen doesn’t occupy whole of the frame.
- No option to insert a flash card.
Asus X550ZA 15.6 inch – 539.95 USD
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. is a multinational company which is popularly known as ASUS which is based in Taiwan. The company deals with desktops, laptops, mobile phones, monitors, projectors, etc. and generates revenue of about 414.4 New Taiwan dollars. The release of the ASUS X550ZA-WH11 with a price tag of 540 USD will make you interested in its specifications.
The system comes with a Quad Core processor by AMD. The A10-7400P processor which is a 2.5 GHz processor is sure to keep you multi tasking up and running. It comes with an 8 GB RAM with a storage space of up to 1TB. It has a 15.6 inch screen with an LED backlit display and has a screen resolution of 1366×768 pixels. It features 3 USB ports (1 port of USB 2.0 and 2 of USB 3.0) and a HDMI port and a VGA port as well. The laptop comes with a 1 year international warranty and accidental damage protection for about 1 year from the date of purchase. The IceCool technology along with the keyboards ergonomics is there to ensure your palm rest to be at a comfortable temperature.
- Has a good audio clarity.
- Has an elegant design.
- Keyboard is a great plus.
- The Quad Core processor makes it amazingly fast.
- Low sensitivity of Mouse Touch pad.
- Low number of USB ports.
- No slot for inserting SD card.
The processor by AMD is the most noticeable aspect of this laptop. It is also the highlighted keyboard which makes it one of the top laptops under 600 USD.
Lenovo ThinkPad T450 14 inch– 559.47 USD
Lenovo Group Ltd. which is a Chinese multinational giant in the digital world makes revenue of about 46 billion USD. It takes care of the design, production and marketing of the series like the ThinkPad series, IdeaPad series of notebooks, the Yoga series of laptops and the ThinkCentre line up of desktops. The ThinkPad T450 released by Lenovo as a business ultrabook might be a good pick if you are into the business market looking to grow. Let’s take a good look at it.
This ThinkPad comes with a i5-4300U processor by Intel which is a dual core processor which comes in variants of a 1.9 and 2.9 GHz. It has a RAM of 8GB which can be extended up to 16 GB. The storage is a mere 500 GB only. The screen on the T450 is a 14 inch screen which is HD with HD Graphics 4400. The laptop comes with an installation of Windows 7 and you will be able to upgrade to Windows 8.1 Professional version. The most noticeable feature on this would be the fingerprint reader.
- Gives decent performance features at a very nominal price.
- The 7200 RPM Hard Drive keeps the system pretty fast.
- Long Battery
- Fingerprint reader is a catch.
- You might find the screen size a little small.
- Old version of Windows OS.
The fingerprint reader on this laptop is considered to be pretty fancy. How would you prefer to have this option on your laptop as a user? Do you think it makes it easy or is it too risky if any malfunction happens?
8.Lenovo G500 15.6-Inch– 599.40USD]
The G500 is a product released by Lenovo, which has a modest price of 599.40USD. A durable laptop for both students and professional, the G500 is a user-friendly and strong laptop, which has the basic specifications of a large display screen, multiple ports and dual stereos.
Let’s take a closer look at it, shall we?
With a 2.6 GHz i5 core, and a 4 GB DDR3 RAM, the Lenovo G500 is considered to be one of the best laptops under 600 USD. The 15.6 inch screen with a maximum resolution of 1366 x 768 will provide you with a considerably good experience. It has a 500GB hard drive, and integrated graphics powered by Intel. It has two USB 3.0 ports, and one USB 2.0 port. The Lithium-ion battery gives an average battery life of five hours.
- No heating problems
- Presence of a HDMI port
- Admirable processing speed
- Lots of bloat ware
- The textured trackpad makes the fingers sore after long term use
- Simple body design
Lenovo ThinkPad L450 14.1 inch – 523.97 USD
Here comes Lenovo again with their ThinkPad series. The L450 is priced at a marginal range of 520 odd USD. It is one of the top laptops under 600 USD, and is most suited for businessmen. Let’s dwell on the specifications and then weigh out the pros and cons.
The L450 comes with an i5-4300U processor by Intel and features an 8 GB RAM and also a 256 GB SSD storage. It features Windows 7 (Professional Version) as a base Operating System. You are however offered a free upgrade to Windows 8 or Windows 10 Professional as well. It has a 14.1 inch Anti Glare LED HD Screen with an integrated Webcam as well. It also comes with the classic Fingerprint Reader. Also, it supports the RJ-45 Ethernet cable.
- The SSD enables faster booting speeds.
- Has a high battery life.
- A splendid keyboard to use.
- No heating issues.
- Light in weight.
- The screen is not 1080p.
- OS upgrade needed.
ASUS F556UA 15.6 inch – 549.00 USD
The F556UA-AS54 released by ASUS is one of the full HD laptops available in the market. And at this price range, it is one of the good laptops under 600 USD. If you are interested in knowing what it has to offer, read on.
It comes with a good screen size of about 15.6 inches with Full-HD display. The powerful 2.3 GHz Intel i5-6200U processor will make sure that it will not disappoint you as such. Also, the 256 GB SSD storage is bound to keep your start ups fast and reliable. You are offered with HDMI ports and USB C-Type ports as well, which is one of the latest and best forms of connectivity. It also boasts of a battery which lasts almost 2.5 times more than a normal Li-ion battery. It comes with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.
- The SSD hard drive is quite a catch.
- 8 GB RAM makes it convenient.
- The USB Type-C port which is one of the latest.
- Low quality of Graphics.
- Low speaker volume.
Acer Aspire E 15 15.6 inch – 549.99 USD
Acer Inc. is yet another multinational giant from Taiwan. They deal with the design and manufacture of phones, laptops, desktops, servers, storage devices, etc. The company has been up and running since the past 39 years and generates a revenue of 10.5 billion dollars. Let’s dig into the features of the E 15 E5-574G-52QU launched by Acer in their Aspire series of laptops.
The E 15 features the 6th Generation Intel i5-6200U processor which is of 2.3 GHz. It has an 8 GB RAM and a storage space of 1 TB. The screen is a 15.6 inch full HD screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. It comes with a NVIDIA 940 M graphics processor with a RAM size of 4 GB (VRAM). It weighs an approximate of 5.3 pounds and comes with a preinstalled Windows 10 Home version. The 2520 mAh battery is expected to give a battery life up to 6 hours.
- Great specifications of the CPU & the GPU for the price tag.
- Full HD 1080p display.
- Good battery life.
- Good build quality.
- No overheating under extreme usage conditions.
- You may find the touch pad a little short on precision.
- Comes with no DVD drive. (Read in detail before buying)
Acer Aspire E5 15.6 inch– 555.75 USD
Yet another product in the Aspire series by Acer is the E5-573G laptop which is more of a gaming laptop. Let us have a quick look at the specifications.
It is embedded with a 5th Generation i5-5200U Intel Core processor which is 2.2 GHz with a 3 MB Cache. It has an 8 GB SDRAM and a storage space of 1 TB with a hard disk RPM of 5400. It features a screen which is 15.6 inches in size and is a full HD screen with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. It has a dedicated graphic card of 2 GB (VRAM) which is the NVIDIA 940M. It has a 2500 mAh battery which can be expected to last up to 5 hours. It weighs an approximate of 5.3 pounds and comes with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.
- Good as a beginner level gaming laptop.
- No overheating issues.
- Good specifications for the price range.
- No optical drive.
- Speakers might not be up to the mark.
ASUS F555UA 15.6 inch – 579.00 USD
ASUS’ product, the F555UA-EH71 which was released in the series of X555UA is one of the most sought after and a great laptop for 600 USD. Let us look into it and check for ourselves.
Packed with a powerful i7-6500U Intel Core processor which is 2.5 GHz is this laptop with an 8 GB RAM and storage of 1 TB and a 5400 RPM of the hard disk. It has a 15.6 inch screen with an LED backlit display with a resolution of 1366×768 pixels. It features USB ports (2.0 & 3.0 as well) and offers HDMI and VGA connectivity as well. The ergonomics of the keyboard are noteworthy. It weighs an approximate 5 pounds and comes with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.
- No overheating under intense usage.
- Good wireless connectivity.
- Feather touch keys on the keyboard.
- Dual Core processor makes it quick and reliant.
- Light in weight and thin as well.
- Has a wide screen but a poor viewing angle.
- Display is not too bright. (Might be a visibility problem under direct sunlight)
HP Pavilion 13-s128nr 13.3 inch– 559.99 USD
Founded by William Redington Hewlett and Dave Packard, the Hewlett Packard Company is popularly known as HP. This American multinational company is headquartered in California, United States. The company has divisions devoted to financing, software, hardware and services as well. It earns revenue of little over 100 billion dollars, and has been in existence since the past 77 years. The Pavilion series is a line up by HP in its range of laptops. Let us look into this particular one, the HP Pavilion 13-s128nr x360 convertible.
It comes with a 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U processor which is 2.3 GHz. It has a screen which is 13.3 inches in size and offers full HD with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and also an LED lit touch screen as an interface. It features an 8 GB SDRAM and also a 128 GB SSD which offers faster booting and great performance. The system also offers a battery life up to 11 hours and more. The convertible laptop gets you to have a notebook mode, standby mode, tablet mode and a tent mode as well, all thanks to its 360 degree versatility. It weighs an approximate of 3.77 pound and comes with a preinstalled version of Windows 10 Home.
- An impressive display which is sharp and bright.
- A well built laptop.
- Light in weight.
- Maintenance and service guides available online.
- A very responsive touch screen.
- Has a 128 GB SSD of which 30% is consumed by the Operating System itself.
Dell Inspiron 15 i5558 15.6 inch – 514 USD
Another smart choice for good laptops under 600 USD would be the Inspiron 15 i5558-5718SLV. Let us weigh out the pros and cons of this signature edition laptop.
It comes with a 5th Generation Intel Core i5-5200U processor with 2.2 GHz which goes up to 2.7 GHz with the Turbo Boost Technology.It is loaded with an 8 GB RAM and a 1 TB storage space with the SATA hard drive having a RPM of 5400.
It has a screen which is 15.6 inches in size and also supports a touch interface. It allows 10 finger multi-touch and features a backlit keyboard. It comes with a Media Card reader as well. Weighing an approximate of 5.3 pounds, the laptop comes with a preinstalled version of Windows 10.
- Light in weight.
- Runs smooth and quiet.
- Clear and vibrant display.
- No bloat ware, since it is a Signature Edition.
- Has a decent battery life.
- Backlit keyboard makes it all the more easy for you.
- Cramped arrow keys on the keyboard.
- No Num Lock indicator on the keyboard.
- Not many variants in colors are available.
- Lacks multiple jack points.
If you are considering buying a laptop, then you must have it within a price range which you have in mind. If you are keen on the best laptop under 600 dollars, then the above mentioned list must have already made it easier for you.
However, before going and picking one up from the store, you need to consider a few things which are an important part of the process of laptop purchasing. Here are a few suggestions that might help you out and make it easier for you to pick up the right laptop.
- Size: While buying, it is of utmost importance for you to consider the size of the laptop. You may start to consider the choices of Ultrabook and Notepad which are quite thin and also light in weight. Do not forget that you may be carrying your laptop almost everywhere with you. And for that matter, you need to make sure it is easy for you to do so. However, if you might not be running around a lot with it, it is something that you can give less importance to or even ignore for that matter. But, do consider it.
- Screen Quality: If you are using the laptop as a main component of work or education you are sure to keep looking at that screen for many hours a day. So you do need to make sure that you do not strain your eyes while you do so. A good resolution will ease things for you and a glossy display will have you struggling to read due to reflections. Hence, check it out in person.
- Keyboard Quality: If you are into a lot of writing while at work or as a hobby as well, you need to make sure that you have the most comfortable keyboard on your laptop. It can be agreed that you can buy an external keyboard, but hey, what did you buy the laptop for then?
- CPU: Don’t we often tend to ignore the most important component of the laptop while considering all the screen and graphics and what not? Well, pay much heed to this since it is a major part of your laptop. The Intel Core series based laptop are no doubt ruling the market, but the i5, i7 are predominantly used right now.
- RAM: Yet another most considered aspect is the RAM. With the current advances and specifications, you need a RAM which is more than 4 GB since it is the component that allows you to run multiple things at the same time. And that capacity will increase in RAM.
- Storage: Do not take it lightly since you will find yourself running out of storage space before you even realize. A 1 TB hard disk is coming out as a minimum these days on some of the top laptops for under 600 but do not compromise on anything less than that, since you will find yourself running around external hard drives before you know it.
Now that we have covered all the important and notable aspects which are to be considered while buying a laptop, and have also given a list of the good laptops under 600 USD in the market, which one would you prefer after considering all the features and storage and what not?
Do also let us know if there is a model that we have missed out on, but you think it should be on the list.