When was the last time you went on a family trip with a camera that didn’t quite float your boat? Well, when one talks about cameras, it makes good sense to buy a good camera or not buy one at all.
Brands like Sony, Nikon, Canon and more have captivated photographers across the planet with their technological marvels year in year out.
But with the mind boggling plethora of options available, when it comes to models, features and benefits, it can be a baffling task to choose the right one which suits your needs perfectly.
So after undertaking due research, we’ve come up with this list of some of the best DSLR cameras under 1500 dollars you just can’t afford to miss. Check out before you embark on your camera shopping adventure!
- #10. Sony DSC-RX10M II Cybershot - $1098.00
- #9. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4KBODY DSLM - $1297.99
- #8. Nikon D7200 DX-format DSLR - $1346.95
- #7. Fujifilm X100T 16MP Digital Camera - $1,299.00
- #6. Fujifilm X-T10 - $1,099.00
- #5. Canon Rebel T6s - $849.00
- #4. Canon Rebel T6i - $899.99
- #3. Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera - $1,199
- #2. Canon EOS 6D 20.2 MP Digital CMOS - $1,399.00
- #1. Canon EOS 7D Mark Digital SLR Camera - $1,499
#10. Sony DSC-RX10M II Cybershot - $1098.00
Sony is one of the best companies in the world not only in the field of cameras, but in the field of electronics as a whole. The company has produced some really impressive devices over the years, and has made some really phenomenal progress in the field of cameras in the past few years. The Cybershot series of the company has been a benchmark of quality and excellence and the company continues to soar in these regards with the introduction of its newest member, the Sony DSC RX10M II Cybershot.
This camera is designed around the idea of power, and makes you feel very much capable of clicking all the pictures you want. It is not very different than its predecessor regarding the physical appearance, but on the inside, it has a completely new personality.
- This camera can be dubbed as the future generation of the backside illumination (BSI) design.
- The design of the camera is such that it leaves ample space for high speed circuitry, thus allowing more sophisticated functions to be performed in the device.
- The resolution offered by the camera for video recording is 4k, which is very excellent in its class.
- This device boasts off a BSI-CMOS sensor which is said to be the most sophisticated of them all.
- 14 fps continuous shooting makes the camera a lot better.
The body of the camera is a bit unconventional to handle.
- Tilting articulated LCD screen.
- Shutter speed of 1/3200 seconds.
- Good USB support.
#9. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4KBODY DSLM - $1297.99
Panasonic is known far and wide for its unconventional designs and more than awesome features that it loads in all of its devices. The company has made a staggering progress in the field of cameras in the last few years, because of which it has now been able to deliver something that is tagged by the experts as “the best of the best”. Panasonic has brought you the DMC GH4KBODY camera, which is packed with some very outstanding features and which therefore seems to be a very good choice.
- The camera has been designed for a pro quality video recording which makes it a perfect fit for those who have a thing for shooting videos.
- 4k video recording is done by the camera in both 4096×2160/24fps and QFHD 4K with 3840×2160/ up to 30fps.
- This gadget has been enabled with a superior noise reduction function.
- In comparison to other cameras in the same segment, this one offers comparatively lower effective mega-pixels.
- The camera does not employ a CMOS sensor in its system.
- Furthermore, this camera is little on the higher side when it comes to weight, and therefore can be a little cumbersome to be carried around.
- This camera employs a digital single lens mirror system as its sensor.
- It is compatible with most of the standard memory cards available in the markets.
- Two videos can be recorded in the camera up to a time limit of 29 minutes and 59 seconds, which is one of the most excellent features of the device.
#8. Nikon D7200 DX-format DSLR - $1346.95
Nikon is one of the best companies in the world in the field of cameras, and has always strived to retain its position by presenting its best devices to its consumers. In order to fulfil the demands of photography enthusiasts and make sure that their requirements are met, the company is consistently on a quest to improve its quality and in this bid, it has managed to produce some of the most wonderful cameras ever.
With the new D7200 which is a very classy camera in the DX-format, it has brought forth a tool of incredible speed and image quality to its consumers.
The camera is very powerful in terms of the megapixels that it dons, and has a CMOS sensor with no low-pass filter. That barely begins to cover the excellence of the camera, because it comes packed with a lot more.
- The camera has an EXPEED 4-image processing system. This makes it capable of picking up incredible speed and capturing sharp details of all the images.
- The effective power of this camera is 24 megapixels which is very high.
- The Nikon Snapbridge has been enabled in this camera, which makes sharing of pictures a lot easier for you.
- The camera also has a NFC support in it.
- The size of this camera makes it ergonomically unsuitable for easy mobility to some extent.
- The Nikon D7200 has a ME-W1 wireless microphone inbuilt in it, which has met the wireless sound needs of videographers.
- The camera is capable of shooting 18 continuous images.
#7. Fujifilm X100T 16MP Digital Camera - $1,299.00
Fujifilm is one of the giants in the field of cameras, and generally the whole area of photography. The company is known for producing high-end devices that are equipped with some really good features.
The cameras manufactured by Fujifilm are high-end, and are also always the best in their class. Carrying ahead this legacy and reputation, the company has now brought to you the Fujifilm X100T digital camera with an effective power of 16 megapixels.
It can be categorized in the large sensor compact segment of cameras, and has a maximum resolution of 4896 × 3246 pixels. The camera also dons a built-in flash which is again of a very refined quality.
- The camera has a maximum shutter speed of 1/32000 seconds. This shutter speed surpasses all the other cameras in the same segment and is in the true sense, the best in class.
- It also has a good connectivity feature. With the help of USB 2.0 and HDMI support, you can readily share your images with other devices.
- In order to make this very sharing of images easier for you, the camera has been empowered with a built-in Wi-Fi system as well.
- The camera possesses a continuous drive of 6 fps.
- The optical zoom of the camera is only 1X, which could have been far better actually.
- The screen of the camera is only 3 inches big.
- It is a little large in size and thus not easy to carry around.
- There is a CMOS sensor in the camera.
- Auto ISO feature expandable to 100-51200.
#6. Fujifilm X-T10 - $1,099.00
Japanese camera giant Fujifilm have been phenomenal in bringing their customers some of the best cameras that have timeless beauty and the most excellent features. In a quest to continue this stride, the company has now brought to you another camera that has a very retro look and seems classic in all its sense. However when you use it, it shows the pace that it has kept up with time.
The camera is fully loaded with the most modern features and has received commendable reviews from the experts as well. It comes with CMOS sensor and an electronic viewfinder of very high resolution.
Furthermore, the body of the camera has been toughened in order to enhance its durability, which is an add-on in a sophisticated device like this.
- The camera comes with a weather-sealed body, which means you can use it in rough conditions without facing any problems at all.
- Furthermore, the camera also has a high-quality CMOS sensor which is the best in its class.
- The screen of this camera is made up of liquid crystal display, which offers a great resolution due to the plasma in it, and the screen also tilts making the camera a flexible device.
- This device is a perfect fit for young photographers of the next generation, because it talks in their language with its features.
- The camera also has a magnesium alloy body, which imparts it a finer finish than its predecessor.
- The size of the camera seems a little too large in comparison to the other cameras in the same segment.
- The camera has built-in pop up flash.
- Also comes with a Wi-Fi connectivity that can be controlled by a remote control.
#5. Canon Rebel T6s - $849.00
Canon has been producing the best cameras for all segments and for all types of photography enthusiasts ranging from highly professional, serious photographers to amateurs who are just learning the dos and don’ts of photography. Many companies produce series of cameras that are generally high end and are meant for more serious photography.
However many photographers who are still learning, have no choice but to scrape from the remains and find out whatever is the best for them.
In order to take care of this problem, Canon introduced the Rebel series. The Rebel series of cameras has now become synonymous with modern day entry-level DSLR cameras. These cameras are very well known for their optimum features, and with the entry of the newest Rebel T6s, this optimization has just gotten better!
- The T6s has some basic features that look a lot like its predecessor, but the camera packs a lot more in all its complexity and can be used as a daily purpose camera that can also shoot videos.
- It also comes with a secondary liquid crystal display (LCD) and an in-built Wi-Fi support.
- The camera is also compatible with most of the standard SD cards available in the markets.
- This gadget is a little too heavily packed for the likes of an entry-level DSLR.
- Given the price that it demands, the camera does not offer much different features than its predecessor.
- The camera has a very good low-light function.
- And it also offers continuous shooting which is a good modification.
#4. Canon Rebel T6i - $899.99
In order to make it easier for amateur photography enthusiasts to understand photography better, Canon had come up with the very innovative concept of the Rebel series. After a lot of time since its last update, the company finally brought in the newest member in the series in the form of the Rebel T6i in 2015.
This camera is very different from its predecessors, and has a lot more in its design as well as technology which makes it a very good choice. It has also been rectified in terms of handling and has therefore become a lot better than ever. It will suffice to say that no list of good DSLRs under $1500 can be complete without a fellow Canon Rebel edition.
- The camera is one percent smaller in size than its predecessor, which makes it a bit easier to tuck in the pocket of the jacket and go around.
- Furthermore, this camera is also four percent lighter than the previous version. This significant difference again enhances its portability.
- A few buttons of the camera have shifted their places, and the controls of the device have been designed in such a manner that the usage has become easier.
- The camera comes equipped with a LCD monitor which has a capacitive touch screen feature in it.
- Not suitable for shooting videos.
- No effective low-light function available.
- Continuous shooting becomes a tad difficult with this camera.
- The device is compatible with most of the SD cards available in the markets.
- It comes with a built-in Wi-Fi support.
#3. Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR Camera - $1,199
Some of the best features have been included in the Canon EOS 70D Digital SLR camera, and at the price that it comes, it couldn’t get any better. The company has strived hard to make every feature available in this camera, and this has made the device a very powerful tool that possesses incredible abilities. The camera has a large sensor, a very high ISO range, and comes with image stabilization options.
It can be used for clicking many awesome outdoor shots, and can be used equally well in the night as much as it can be used during the day time, thanks to the low light capability that it possesses.
- The image stabilization feature has been included in this camera while designing it. This stabilization makes it easy for you to click high quality images even when there is a slight disturbance or vibration in the setting of the camera.
- The camera comes with a built-in Wi-Fi using which you can share your pictures with the world within moments.
- It possesses a very excellent battery life, and can therefore be used for long hours for outdoor shooting of pictures too.
- This camera comes with a CMOS sensor.
- Maximum shutter speed of the camera is 1/8000 seconds.
- The weight of this camera makes it a tad difficult to carry it around.
- The effective power of the camera is bit less than anticipated.
- Comes with a built-in flash.
- The camera also has a USB and HDMi support in it.
#2. Canon EOS 6D 20.2 MP Digital CMOS - $1,399.00
Canon has been highly instrumental in producing some of the best quality cameras in the world, and the company has also bended some of its frames in order to make the consumer happy by giving him more for less. In this bid, Canon has produced the EOS 6D 20.2 MP Digital CMOS camera that has some very outstanding features.
The camera boasts off a 4.5 fps continuous drive, and has a CMOS sensor which makes it quite unique. Furthermore, the low price of the camera makes it all the more desirable.
- Mid-size SLR camera, therefore portable. It can be carried around with ease and since it does not weigh much, it can also be tucked in the pocket of the jacket.
- The camera has a very good resolution of 5472×3648 pixels, which makes it the best in its class.
- It has a built-in USB 2.0 as well as a Wi-Fi system and HDMI support, which makes it very easy for you to share all your pictures with your family and friends.
- Comes with a shutter speed of 1/4000 seconds which is very impressive.
- Has a pretty small screen of about 3 inches.
- Not very ergonomic when it comes to handling.
- The Canon EOS 6D is equipped with a minimum shutter speed of thirty seconds.
- It has a hot shoe type external flash and a full size sensor.
- The effective power of the camera is 20 mega-pixels.
- Comes with an auto ISO and is light in weight.
#1. Canon EOS 7D Mark Digital SLR Camera - $1,499
Last but not the least on this list of the top cameras for under 1500 is the Canon EOS 7D Mark DSLR camera. In a bid to bring you the best cameras at the lowest of the prices, Canon has coupled high-end technology with some really cost-effective techniques to get you a device that would ultimately give you the best of both worlds.
The camera has already received thumbs up by the experts, and their approval has added some major credit to the already awesome camera. This camera is slightly different from those produced by Canon that fall in this segment. The company has added some better features in this one.
- This camera has a very excellent focal length, which makes it a very good choice when it comes to selecting a good camera at a low price.
- The gadget is equipped with a CMOS sensor which is the best in the class.
- Connectivity has been thoroughly thought of while designing this camera and that is reflected by the inclusion of USB 3.0, which is the latest version of the peripheral.
- The camera also dons an HDMI support.
- The weight of the camera is almost a kilogram with the inclusion of batteries and other support that is needed to carry the device.
- The screen of the camera could have been larger. The current size is slightly inconvenient.
- This is one of the best cameras designed by Canon, and comes with an APS-C sensor size.
- Effective power of this camera is 20 mega pixels, and the screen is comprised of 1.040,000 dots.
- It is a mid-size SLR, and is thus easy to carry around.
Well, here was our list of mouth watering cameras which every photographer would love to have in their arsenal. Do keep this list under consideration next time you go on a camera shopping spree.
Do you think we’ve missed out on a particular camera which deserves to be on this list of great DSLR for 1500 USD? If yes, then do give us a big shout-out and we will be happy to include your suggestions in the list.