Ever heard of the saying, ‘A picture can speak a thousand words’? Well, it certainly is true! More than memory, we rely on photos to drive us down the nostalgia lane and re-kindle happy incidents that occurred in our past. Photos and snaps are living proofs of our achievements, moments of happiness or situations where we achieved the impossible.
A camera is one such tool which can be deemed as a memory-capturer. This is the age of digital cameras, as they have well and truly taken over the photography world.
However, you need to conduct a good amount of research before investing in this gadget. Lucky for you, we’ve made things easier for you here.
So, here’s our list of some great digital cameras for 300 dollars, which can inspire you to become more than an amateur photographer.
#10. Sony WX350 – $269.99
Sony has been phenomenal in bringing in some of the best electronic devices to the world. The company has some really innovative and first of its kind devices to its name, like the Walkman. That is to say, Sony has been brainstorming and bringing about a wave of innovation in the world in a true sense.
That very innovation, coupled with the technological progress of the company in the 21st century, has been able to bring you the Sony WX350 that happens to be one of the best cameras that the company has ever produced.
- The camera comes with a sensor resolution of a whooping 18 megapixels.
- It also boasts of a 35-mm equivalent aperture.
- The WX350 comes with an LCD screen that has a great resolution of 460,800 dots.
- The lens of the camera provides a 20x zoom which is quite large. Using this kind of zoom, you can click some really faraway photos with a great level of ease.
- In Sony’s compact camera range, the WX350 happens to have almost the most optimum design which is why it is really easy to carry around.
- The camera lacks the viewfinder feature.
- Manual control options of this camera are very, very poor.
- This gadget isn’t a great choice if you are going to click most of your pictures in low light.
- Comes with a built-in Wi-Fi.
- The weight of the camera is just 164 grams, so it is rather easy to put it in the pocket and go around.
#9. Samsung Galaxy Camera 2 – $230.00
Samsung has grown to become a giant in the world of smartphones and tablets, and has in true sense become the undisputed crown king of the smartphone world. The cameras that Samsung has provided in its phones have made the world go gaga over them. And just when it was being thought that Samsung may likely munch away a huge market share of the whole sector of professional cameras, the company has made an entry in the world of cameras itself and has even upgraded with the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2.
Of all the cameras that Samsung has produced, this one happens to be the best and there’s a reason why – it is the newest in the company’s arsenal.
- Since the camera has an android-base, you can easily share your photos on any social networking website within moments.
- The built-in Wi-Fi of the camera has an excellent bandwidth.
- The camera runs on a quad-core processor with a processing speed of 1.6 GHz. So rest assured that everything you do in the camera or with the camera will respond with great speed.
- The display of this camera is very large, and it is exactly something that other cameras lack.
- The android version of this camera is pretty old which makes it a little undesirable.
- The focal range of the camera isn’t very impressive.
- The sensor of the camera has a BSI-CMOS base.
- It comes with NFC support.
- The camera has a very good battery of about 2000 mAh.
#8. Olympus TG-870 – $229.99
Olympus has had a certain reputation in the market for its rugged cameras that can well be defined in two words, “Beauty and Brawn.” The company is known far and wide for its spectacular cameras that have a toughened exterior which, in spite of its rugged features, looks inspiringly beautiful. With the Olympus TG-870 however, the company has added superior technology to the beauty and brawn, and has truly developed a genius.
- Records video in a high definition of 100 pixels.
- Has been enabled with sportcam action modes, which let you click all the moments of action and speed in a crystal clear manner.
- The camera is waterproof to a depth of 50 feet, and nor the waves, neither the pressure beneath the water surface can harm it in any form.
- The phone is also crushproof, which means dropping a weight with a force of even 100 kg would not affect it in any way.
- Further, the phone is also shockproof and dustproof, and therefore surpasses all the tests of being a standard sports camera.
- For a sports camera, it only has a 180 degree wide view which is quite insufficient.
- The camera has a power of 16 MP, which is pretty small considering the fact that it is a professional camera.
- The camera comes with a built-in Wi-Fi.
- It also has an enhanced GPS system in-built in its system.
- It is freeze proof up to -10 degree Celsius, which means it can well be used in extreme cold temperatures very easily.
#7. Olympus TG-860 – $279.99
The TG-860 has been brought in by Olympus to underline the statement that no one can beat them in the rugged compact camera series. The camera has been designed with sheer brawn and can take on a lot of impact without breaking down or splitting right up. Apart from being immune to the powers of water, the device is also shockproof, crushproof and freeze-proof. These factors make it clear that Olympus has entered the market with this phone, with just one clear intention – breaking the back of everyone else. For the camera indeed, is a killer.
- Has an ultra-wide angle with 2mm zoom.
- The camera also comes with a GPS that has multiple satellite system support, which means you can stray wherever you want and you will still never be truly lost.
- It is water-proof till a depth of 50 feet beneath the water.
- This gadget also has some wonderful art filters which make it kind of unique in a true sense.
- Any smartphone or tablet can be connected with the camera very easily and readily by scanning the QR code of the camera.
- The Olympus TG 860 isn’t as light in weight as are the other cameras in the market.
- Not a lot of changes have been made in the camera in comparison to its predecessor, the TG 850 iHS.
- The camera has an LCD screen which can be flipped to click selfies.
- It also has a built-in Wi-Fi in order to ease your sharing of photos.
#6. Olympus PEN E-PL6 – $299.99
Olympus has sure been giving the world some of the best and most excellent cameras, and it has always kept up its reputation of delivering the best. However with the Olympus PEN E-PL6, the company has shown just how much flexible and wide its collection is, and has redefined versatility. The camera comes with myriad wonderful features that are designed keeping the user in focus. With the introduction of new features like interval shooting and time lapse movie, the camera is all set to rock your world.
- The touch AF and FAST AF systems enabled in the camera let you click photos instantaneously, and gives you just about the right composition of the image.
- The OM-D image quality is at the apex of the system. The camera comes with ISO LOW for defocusing effects.
- Tilt and reverse monitors can be rotated in 170 degrees, which proves the flexibility of the camera in a literal sense.
- This camera is also equipped with the Olympus Viewer 3.
- The battery of the camera is made up of Lithium ion, when a better version of Li-Po is already available.
- The metal body unnecessarily increases the weight of the camera.
- From an ergonomic aspect, the camera is just a little bit uncomfortable.
- Has a digital level gauge.
- The camera also comes packed with a high speed release time lag.
- It is also equipped with 12 different art filters, which make the photos all the more wonderful.
#5. Nikon COOLPIX P330 – $379
Although Nikon has been one of the biggest giants in the market of cameras, it has not made its mark in all the different segments. In other words, the high-quality compact cameras are something that Nikon is still trying to get accustomed to. Perhaps this is the reason why this camera has been thoroughly thought over, and the features thus speak oceans about its technological advancement as well as its flexibility. This is the first camera by Nikon in the compact segment that comes with a raw mode as well as a better lower-resolution sensor. The camera comes packed with many other features and all you have to do is explore it to seek its awesomeness! When one talks about good digital cameras under 300 dollars, the mention of a Nikon Coolpix is a no brainer. Nikon has well and truly captivated and enlightened photographers across the world for years and year now. And this P330 edition is no different!
- While providing a raw mode and lower-resolution, nowhere has the camera compromised on fast lens, good build quality and a useful zoom range.
- It also comes with a BSI-CMOS sensor which means, it is a serious threat to many other cameras in the market.
- The lens of this camera is the fastest in its lineage.
- The biggest con of the COOLPIX P330 which also happens to be one of its abyss-points is the fact that the lens of the camera gets very slow once you start zooming in on things.
- The camera can shoot approximately 200 shots per charge.
- It offers a full HD 1080p movie recording.
#4. Nikon Coolpix L820 – $279.99
Nikon has been known for its easy shot cameras that give a very clear picture, and capture all the wonderful moments that are worth storing in a better manner than most of the other cameras available out there. The company has been engaged in delivering the best technology to the world for many years and has therefore won the trust of the people. To enhance this trust in a far better manner, the company has now introduced the Nikon Coolpix L820, which comes loaded with some of the finest features possible.
- Comes with a lens-shift vibration reduction feature which minimizes the vibration of the glass lens, thus providing you with a better quality of images and videos.
- The camera features high quality liquid crystal display.
- The video recording of the camera takes place in 1080p high definition, which means better videos than ever.
- It comes with an ergonomic design which makes it easier to handle.
- This camera performs very well in low lights too, because of the sensors in it.
- The power of the camera is only 16 MP, which is kind of less given the fact that it is a professional camera.
- The display screen has a size of only three inches, which makes it difficult to view whatever has been captured.
- A low memory-card slot is another disadvantage this camera has.
- 30x zoom which is the finest quality of zooming in.
- The camera offers 97% frame coverage.
- Has a 16 million colour display screen.
#3. Nikon COOLPIX AW130 – $299.99
Nikon has been phenomenal in giving the world some of the very best cameras over the years. The company’s reputation has surged to such a level that now Nikon is looked upon as a synonym of quality and assurance. The cameras by Nikon are known for packing something extra, always. In that regard, the Nikon Coolpix AW130 hasn’t been any different, and there are many surprises for the users in store once they begin using the camera. The Coolpix AW130 with its NIKKOR lens has a lot to shoot with you!
- The wide angle of the NIKKOR lens in the camera lets you take wide underwater shots with the utmost ease.
- This camera has a built in GPS but, it does not stop there. It has other interesting systems which only enhance the GPS system.
- The camera is shockproof and won’t even show a sign of damage, even if it falls from above 7 feet.
- The camera is equipped with NFC service too, which is quite rare in cameras.
- The camera is designed in such a manner that although it is compact, its size is not optimum and thus it doesn’t exactly seem ergonomic.
- The camera is waterproof as well as freeze proof.
- Compatible with almost all smartphones and all kinds of operating systems.
- Comes with a CMOS sensor, and is a powerful unit of 16 megapixels.
- It comes with a better grip than its predecessor models.
#2. Canon PowerShot S110 Digital Camera – $220.00
Canon is well known for its powerful cameras which have looks which say it all. The cameras by Canon are always designed to inspire awe and although they always do that with their magnificent looks, this time around, with the Powershot S110, Canon has decided to play the card of elegance and has been utterly successful in doing so. The camera has a very novel look and seems like it has something new to offer, and yet it stays true to its purpose. This one is a pocket friendly camera for photographers who take photography seriously, just like its predecessors. The camera does not lose its edge in the region of image quality and manual control, while being a compact device which makes it all the more desirable.
- Comes with a high sensitivity CMOS sensor.
- The camera comes with a touch-screen feature which makes it look very young and modern in the world of cameras.
- This gadget also has a DGIC 5 image processor packed inside.
- The camera still uses a RAW format recording, so the Canon enthusiasts can use this camera and get the feel of using something new and familiar simultaneously.
- The camera has lost its GPS system in this version.
- Slow F5.9 of the camera is a disadvantage.
- The Wi-Fi of the camera isn’t very excellent either.
- The camera has a ZoomPlus, which is an enhanced digital zoom introduced by Canon.
- It is also equipped with Geo-tagging facilities, which make up for the lack of GPS to some extent.
#1. Canon Powershot Elph 530 – $248.99
Canon is one of the biggest names in the camera market. The brand has enjoyed the apex position in the world of cameras thanks to the innovation and technology it stands by and which it constantly updates. The Elph series of Canon has further been the benchmark of quality, and for many years, has been known as a carrier of the latest developments and technologies in the world of electronics. The PowerShot Elph 530 carries ahead this legacy with its awesome features. No list of the best digital cameras under $300 can be well and truly complete without a Canon Powershot edition. And this list is no exception!
- The camera is sleek, which is kind of unconventional in professional cameras. However this experiment has come off well because it imparts the camera a state-of-art look and feel.
- This gadget has a 28mm wide angle lens, and also comes with a built in Wi-Fi using which you can share your images pretty easily.
- Comes packed with a PureColor System, and a liquid crystal display.
- The camera also features face identification technology, which makes clicking photos all the more easier.
- The zoom of the camera is only 12x, which is pretty less given the fact that it is a professional camera.
- The power of the camera is just 10.1 MP, which is very low in comparison to other cameras in the markets.
- It isn’t exactly ergonomic in nature.
- The screen size of the camera is 2.3 inches.
- It has CMOS sensor built into it.
So this was our list of top digital cameras for under 300 dollars which has been arrived at as a result of rigorous research and market analysis. Only then, have we been able to compile this list.
However, if you think that we’ve missed out on a particular camera edition which deserves to be on this list, do let us know and we will be more than glad to include your suggestions in the list.