Buying a car these days is no longer a tedious task. Every individual has a desire to purchase a car of his or her own choice, and in this era where there is a constant manufacturing of high quality cheap cars, this desire is not just a dream.
In order to purchase a car, one must conduct a thorough research before venturing into the market as it is an asset. One needs to think about several factors before buying a car. There are plenty of good cars under 4 lakhs which may suffice your purpose of daily office traveling, road trips etc. But, before having a look at these cars, you need to keep in mind that you will be spending your hard earned money on this. So, you need to make sure that you know every minute detail of each and every car before picking one.
Now let’s take a closer look at some of the good cars in India offered under Rs. 4 lakhs:
Its price range is Rs. 3.97 lakhs to Rs. 5.78 lakhs, and for petrol users, this car totally meets their budget. The stylish Celerio has been recently launched in the market, and is actually a replacement of Estilo and A Star. It flaunts ultra-modern looks that will catch your attention instantly. It is one of the best buy as of now for the Petrol users. This car is extremely spacious and not only does it have modish exteriors but also voguish interiors. It is absolutely affordable, gives excellent mileage and is definitely a product of the most trustworthy brand ‘Maruti’ in India. The car is currently in huge demand in the Indian market, and has brought competition to a new level, especially when it is being compared with Maruti Suzuki Alto.
It’s pricing, power and performance have been great till now and the customers have been going gaga after seeing the great looks and delivery. Some of the key features also include central locking, power steering (now available in every car), power windows, rear wiper and steering adjustment.
When we talk about steering adjustment, this feature is of huge importance to people who are short. Buyers hugely appreciate this feature as it effectively caters to the stress of driving.
- Price: Purchase Maruti Suzuki Celerio at a price range from Rs. 3.97 – Rs. 5.78 lakhs (ex-showroom price, New Delhi)
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: When we talk about the exteriors, the most eye catching thing that we will find in this car is the huge front grille that has horizontal chrome slats. This defines the beauty of Celerio. Coming to the interiors, which plays a vital role as it gives the car a luxurious look, this stylish car has a phenomenal in-dash music system which supports aux. connectivity, USB and Bluetooth connectivity. If you are looking for a budget car, then this one is surely for you. One little drawback of this car is the lack of comprehensive features, which will surely be updated with the new model. But again, that does not create much of a difference.
Conclusion: A perfect car when it comes to city driving. Can easily accommodate 4-5 people and is absolutely safe and economical.
Another highly demanded Maruti product that falls in the price range of Rs. 3.74 lakhs to Rs. 4.73 lakhs. Powerful, spacious and stylish, this car was launched after the grand success of Wagon R. With a mileage of 18kmpl in urban areas, it leaves all the other cars behind. It is an immensely pragmatic hatchback which is available in seven different colors. A great car for city drives which has some fancy interiors like music system with usb, mp3 and aux, ample knee room and head room.
The knee room and head room may appear to be insignificant when we talk about interiors, but when it comes to families sitting in the car, these become actually very important. We all have senior citizens at our place who demand for ample knee room, and people who are tall require enough head room. This car solves both the key purposes.
Wagon R has always been known for its mileage. Undoubtedly, a Maruti based product has excellent mileage. Its look might not excite the viewers for the first time, but once you sit in the car and experience the look and feel of it, you will forget about its shape.
This modish car comes with 1 litre engine, disc brakes on the front wheel, dual SRS airbags, front and and rear fog lamps, de-fogger and child lock. Exteriors are good enough to take your breath away.
- Price: Purchase Maruti Suzuki Wagon R 1-0 at a price range from Rs. 3.74 – Rs. 4.73 lakhs (ex-showroom price, New Delhi).
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: Great space, amazing fuel efficiency, ownership cost, after sales service and resale, and low maintenance cost are the benefits. All these features make it a must buy if this matches your budget. A little turn off is its boxy design that some don’t like, along with the aged styling and limited features. But, all these minute flaws do not stop people from buying this car. It is still in huge demand.
Conclusion: If you plan to buy a hatchback car that you think can easily accommodate your entire family, definitely go for this one and enjoy it’s ride. This car meets all your basic demands that you expect from a hatchback.
#3. Nissan Datsun GO
Nissan is another favorite brand of car lovers these days. People who previously had Maruti or Hyundai cars and who are now looking for a change can definitely try Nissan Datsun GO. The Nissan Sunny was highly appreciated by the customers in the market. Datsun Go is the next car that is ready for garnering appreciation. It falls in a price range of Rs. 3.23 – Rs. 4.04 lakhs.
This car fulfills both the needs of affordability and luxury. An elegant hatchback designed for the Indian customers, this car has nice looks and 3D shaped headlamps that give it an exotic look.
Interiors are undeniably classy. Its dashboard is simply neat and has a bird’s wing like appearance. The seats are nicely connected that allows both the driver and passenger to derive comfort. One lavish thing about this car is its boot space. In a country like India, boot space plays a very important role. Car entertainment includes, USB and Aux compatibility, mobile docking system, air conditioning vents which is 360 degrees, and a low fatigue seat pattern.
- Price: Purchase NissanDatson Go at a price range from Rs. 3.23 – Rs. 4.04 lakhs (ex-showroom price, New Delhi).
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: Nicely designed exteriors that gives this car a new ravishing look along with the elegant interiors. Affordable price is another plus. A little matter of concern here is the mileage. Although it doesn’t make a huge difference if we compare it with the other brands.
Conclusion: If you are someone for who style matters a lot, do go for this car. Its commendable interiors will steal your heart. Till now, it is one of the finest hatchback that has not compromised with the interiors at all.
#2. Tata Nano
Launched in 2009, it was known as the world’s cheapest car and it actually proved to be so. It falls under the price range of Rs. 1.99 lakhs to Rs. 2.94 lakhs. The initial Nano had some flaws and lacked some features. But this one has emerged as a nice competition to the other cars in the market currently. It has come up with certain classic features like smoke headlamps, fog lamps, and infinity motif grille on both front and rear bumpers, and boot which can be opened.
Though this car is highly economical, its interior design has not been compromised, it has all the new generation features like electric power steering wheel with highly active return function and fantastic speed sensitivity. Other features inculcates Zest/ Bolt-inspired steering, an Amphistream music system with USB, Bluetooth and Aux connectivity, sound effect with 4-speakers, adjustable ORVMs, front power windows, burglar alarm and central locking remote system.
This totally new revived look has led to the huge sales of Tata Nano, and people are interested to try this car on the road. It gives a mileage of 19kmpl in city areas and 22 kmpl on highways. It also has a large fuel tank capacity.
- Price: Purchase Tata Nano at a price range from Rs. 1.99 – Rs. 2.94 lakhs (ex-showroom price, New Delhi).
- What’s Host, What’s Not: The best part about this car is that though it is inexpensive, still it has some great components like well controlled NVH levels, fuel efficient engine, refined engine, and is spacious, compact, extremely easy to drive in the city. Some of the features that needs to be introduced in the market soon are front disc brakes, internally adjustable rear view mirrors and highway performance.
Conclusion: Go for it, if you are looking for a car that is pocket-friendly, involves less maintenance and provides a decent mileage. It would be worth purchasing as it caters to all the basic demands of a buyer.
#1. Renault Kwid
This one belongs to the price range of Rs. 2.60 lakhs to Rs. 3.56 lakhs. This French product has given a nice competition to Maruti Alto 800. The 800 cc petrol engine gives a decent mileage on road. Its muscular look grabs the attention of the buyers and the car has a ground clearance of 180 mm. The black cladding and black mirror gives it a classy look just like an SUV. What else can the buyers wish for? When it comes to interiors, it’s designing is simple but is undoubtedly elegant.
Space is the most noted and talked about aspect about this car. The front and rear seat spacing is the best part about it. The boot space can accommodate at least 300 liters of luggage. The Renault is equipped with front disc brakes while the rear one has drums. It comes with a 7 inch touchscreen technology system with voice assist satellite navigation system, a Bluetooth telephone connectivity and other sorts of entertainment options. Yes, you correctly read that. It is difficult to find all such amazing features in one car and that too at such an affordable price.
Renault Kwid offers a mileage of 18 kmpl in the city and 20 kmpl on highways.
- Price: Purchase Renault Kwid at a price range from 2.60- 3.56 lakhs (ex-showroom price, New Delhi).
- What’s Hot, What’s Not: Styling is exactly like SUV. Renault comes up with some fantastic features and till now has the largest boot in the segment. The best part about this brand is that it provides two years of free road side assistance which is totally commendable. Some of the minute cons of this car are that, it does not have ABS and engine idle vibration. With the ongoing competition, it would surely overcome these two minute flaws.
Conclusion: So, if you plan to go for a stylish car that exhibits ultra-modern looks and a muscular body, this one will surely fulfill all your requirements.
Read More:- These Are The Best Cars You can Buy under Rs 5 Lakhs in India
Before buying an inexpensive, but high quality car in the upcoming days, do review each and every speciation of all the cars and then take a decision. Without doing this homework, it would be impossible for you to make up your mind, and in fact that could be very confusing. Reviewing a car from every aspect as per your need is very vital. Cars are assets, and they don’t just matter for the present purpose. The resale values they might fetch should be gauged too.
Above mentioned, were some of the finest branded cars that are available under 4 lakhs and are currently in huge demand in market.
Do let us know in case you feel that there are more cars that could have been listed here and are currently doing great in the market.